The striker had a frustrating last time out for Leicester in their 4-1 win over West Ham at King Power Stadium, coming off injured just before half-time but continues to lead the way in the race for the 2019/20 Golden Boot on 17 goals.
However, the gap has now been cut to just one after Sergio Aguero heroics in Manchester City’s 1-0 win at Sheffield United, his sixth in three games.
The Argentinian jumped ahead of Southampton’s Danny Ings, Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford – all of whom failed to score this week, though the latter pair did not play through suspension and injury respectively.
Tammy Abraham follows behind on 13 games with the Chelsea striker failing to find the net against Arsenal. Below the Englishman sits a quartet of players on 11 including Liverpool‘s Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah, with the latter recently scoring in a 2-0 win over Manchester United. English pair Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane are both also on 11.
Current top 10 goalscorers: Premier League 2019/20 | EPL
Players with the same amount of goals are ranked by fewer minutes played.
1. Jamie Vardy: 17 goals (1,933 minutes)
2. Sergio Aguero: 16 goals (1,111 minutes)
3. Danny Ings: 14 goals (1,647 minutes)
4. Marcus Rashford: 14 goals (1,881 minutes)
5. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 14 goals (1,945 minutes)
6. Tammy Abraham: 13 goals (1,842 minutes)
7. Mohamed Salah: 11 goals (1,621 minutes)
8. Sadio Mane: 11 goals (1,750 minutes)
9. Harry Kane: 11 goals (1,780 minutes)
10. Raheem Sterling: 11 goals (1,850 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 24 – 22:15 22/01/2020)