Tackling is a dying art, right?
Wrong. The Premier League is packed with players who love a challenge, whether they are operating in the centre of the park, battling away in the heart of defence or leading the front line.
Of course, with games in England’s top tier played at high speed, those who do fly into duels must walk a disciplinary tightrope.
However, the risk is often worth the reward as players who wear their heart on their sleeve are very much appreciated by the fans.
Do you know which player has made the most tackles in the 2019/20 season so far? Well, we’ve crunched the numbers and produced a list of the top 10 to keep you clued up…
Premier League 2019/20: Most tackles
Players with the same amount of tackles made are separated by minutes played.
1. Ricardo Pereira: 102 tackles made (2,070 minutes)
2. Wilfred Ndidi: 87 tackles made (1,786 minutes)
3. Aaron Wan-Bissaka: 81 tackles made (1,881 minutes)
4. Declan Rice: 70 tackles made (2,070 minutes)
5. João Moutinho: 65 tackles made (1,980 minutes)
6. James Ward-Prowse: 62 tackles made (2,160 minutes)
7. Frederic Guilbert: 61 tackles made (1,540 minutes)
8. Serge Aurier: 59 tackles made (1,629 minutes)
7. Enda Stevens: 58 tackles made (12,160 minutes)
8. Ryan Fredericks: 57 tackles made (1,538 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 24 – 15:30 23/01/2020)