Leicester City are enjoying life in the Premier League top four, currently sitting second, and special recognition should be given to duo Wilfred Ndidi and Ricardo Pereira.
The defensive midfielder had the hard task of replacing N’Golo Kante in the Leicester line up in 2016, but has made sure the Foxes have not missed their former star, while Pereira has become one of the first names on Brendan Rodgers’ teamsheet at right-back.
In fact, thus far, this Foxes’ duo populate the top spots in the list of Premier League’s top tacklers, with Ndidi ahead on 68 having made two against Watford on Wednesday. He sits seven ahead of teammate Pereira, who has made 61 across the season so far.
Pereira is four ahead of fellow tackle expert Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who added two to his tally in Manchester United’s 2-1 win over Spurs.
From there the numbers start to drop off slightly, with Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Joao Moutinho 10 behind Wan-Bissaka on 47, while the likes of Declan Rice (44) and John McGinn (42) add to a list predominantly made up of full-backs and holding midfielders.
It may come as a surprise, then, to see Everton forward Richarlison making his way into the top 10 with 39 tackles, playing a key role in defending from the front.
Most tackles: Premier League 2019/20
Players with the same amount of tackles made are separated by minutes played.
1. Wilfred Ndidi: 68 tackles made (1,260 minutes)
2. Ricardo Pereira: 61 tackles made (1,350 minutes)
3. Aaron Wan-Bissaka: 57 tackles made (1,161 minutes)
4. João Moutinho: 47 tackles made (1,260 minutes)
5. Declan Rice: 44 tackles made (1,350 minutes)
6. John McGinn: 42 tackles made (1,350 minutes)
7. Oriol Romeu: 41 tackles made (1,064 minutes)
8. Ryan Fredericks: 41 tackles made (1,178 minutes)
9. Dale Stephens: 41 tackles made (1324 minutes)
10. Richarlison: 39 tackles made (1,301 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 15 10:20pm 05/12/2019)