The race to become the Premier League’s top assister is hotting up as the rest finally catch up Kevin De Bruyne.
De Bruyne remains at the top of the assist charts with nine but failed to add to his tally for the fourth match running – though he did score in Manchester City’s 2-2 draw with Newcastle United.
Son Heung-min was the player to profit the most from De Bruyne’s blank, jumping to second with two assists in Tottenham Hotspur’s 3-2 win over Bournemouth at the weekend.
The South Korean moves one ahead of Liverpool pair Andrew Robertson and Trent Alexander-Arnold, with the latter also adding two assists to his tally, setting up both of Virgil van Dijk’s efforts against Brighton & Hove Albion. David Silva also moved up to five after setting up Raheem Sterling.
Before those five sit six players on four assists including Anwar El Ghazi who added to his tally against Manchester United, crossing to Jack Grealish for the midfielder’s wonderful strike. Dwight McNeil, Emiliano Buendia, Harvey Barnes, Grealish and Marcus Rashford also sit on four, though the latter misses out on the top 10.
Current assist leaders: Premier League 2019/20
Players with the same amount of assists are separated by minutes played.
1. Kevin De Bruyne: 9 assists (1,136 minutes)
2. David Silva: 6 assists (927 minutes)
3. Son Heung-Min: 6 assists (1,058 minutes)
4. Trent Alexander-Arnold: 6 assists (1,343 minutes)
5. Andrew Robertson: 5 assists (1,350 minutes)
6. Bernardo Silva: 4 assists (839 minutes)
7. Anwar El Ghazi: 4 assists (858 minutes)
8. Harvey Barnes: 4 assists (883 minutes)
9. Emiliano Buendia: 4 assists (1,069 minutes)
10. Jack Grealish: 4 assists (1,164 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 15 – 10:20pm 05/12/2019)