The race to become the Premier League‘s top playmaker is hotting up as the chasing pack tries to cling onto the coattails of Kevin De Bruyne.
De Bruyne remains at the top of the assist standings with a total of 15 and has his sights firmly set on Thierry Henry’s longstanding record of 20.
Liverpool full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold is the Belgian’s closest challenger, currently sitting on nine. The England international is ahead of a group of four players on seven assists apiece and will need to keep creating goals if he is to retain second place.
Son Heung-min, Emiliano Buendia, Riyad Mahrez and David Silva make up that quartet while Sadio Mane, Daniel James, Harvey Barnes and Adama Traore are among a host of players on six assists. However, with minutes played separating a large majority of the top 10, things will change with every passing Gameweek.
Premier League 2019/20: Most assists table
Players with the same amount of assists are separated by minutes played.
1. Kevin De Bruyne: 15 assists (1,895 minutes)
2. Trent Alexander-Arnold: 9 assists (1,933 minutes)
3. David Silva: 7 assists (1,176 minutes)
4. Riyad Mahrez: 7 assists (1,191 minutes)
5. Son Heung-Min: 7 assists (1,569 minutes)
6. Emiliano Buendia: 7 assists (1,773 minutes)
7. Harvey Barnes: 6 assists (1,314 minutes)
8. Sadio Mane: 6 assists (1,750 minutes)
9. Adama Traore: 6 assists (1,762 minutes)
10. Daniel James: 6 assists (1,826 minutes)
(Correct as of 15:00 23/01/2020)