It may be Europe’s secondary club competition but the Europa League has delivered a host of exciting matches down the years.
We are now awaiting the 2023/24 season to get underway, with three-time winners Liverpool the early favourites, but not far behind are last season’s runners-up Roma, tournament debutants Brighton and reigning Conference League champions West Ham.
The Seagulls have been handed a tough draw in their first season in European football, being put in Group B alongside Ajax and Marseille, who both took part in the Champions League last season, as well as Greek side AEK Athens. West Ham, who suffered their first defeat of the season at the hands of Man City at the weekend, face tough trips to Olympiacos and Freiburg, as they look to build on their Conference League success last term.
Liverpool have been given a favorable group, as they look to win the competition (including the UEFA Cup) for the fourth time.
Europa League winner odds
Europa League Outright Odds
2023/24 Europa League | Group Stage | Matchday 1
Thursday 21 September (UK Time)
- Rennes vs Maccabi Haifa (5:45pm)
- LASK vs Liverpool (5:45pm)
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Hacken (5:45pm)
- Qarabag vs Molde (5:45pm)
- Union Saint-Gilloise vs Toulouse (5:45pm)
- Servette vs Slavia Praha (5:45pm)
- Sheriff vs Roma (5:45pm)
- Panathinaikos vs Villarreal (5:45pm)
- Atalanta vs Rakow Czestochowa (8pm)
- Sturm Graz vs Sporting (8pm)
- Ajax vs Marseille (8pm)
- Rangers vs Real Betis (8pm)
- Olympiacos vs Freiburg (8pm)
- Brighton vs AEK Athens (8pm)
- Sparta Prague vs Aris (8pm)
- West Ham vs Backa Topola (8pm)