Erling Haaland has been scoring goals for fun this season, but the Man City sharpshooter is not the only penalty-box assassin tearing up the continent in 2022/23.
The Norwegian goal fiend has found the back of the net 25 times so far in his maiden Premier League campaign, a figure that either matches or surpasses 16 previous Golden Boot-winning seasons in the competition’s history. To say he has acclimatised to the English game, therefore, would be a gross understatement.
Of course, Haaland is not the only prolific goal-getter in Europe right now. Indeed, there are more than a handful of elite marksmen hitting the onion bag on a weekly basis and giving goalkeepers plenty of sleepless nights. In 2022/23, you’ll find a fair few of the usual candidates ripping it up — and a couple of emerging 9s entering the public consciousness.
So, how closely have you been paying attention to events across the continent this season? Test your knowledge with our quiz below by trying to name the top 10 goalscorers across Europe’s top five leagues right now. Players with identical tallies are separated by minutes played.
Download the new Squawka Live app
- Download the Squawka Live app on the App Store or Google Play (here's the link). Currently, the app is available in the UK only.
- Follow your favourite sports, teams and leagues to receive notifications.
- Compare odds and set alerts for specific match scenarios.
- Use Squawka Live as your second screen with real-time updates from free-kicks to blocked shots and offsides.
Live stream options:
- Live streaming details and upcoming fixtures
- Serie A live stream hub
- How to live stream La Liga online
- Watch the Bundesliga online via live streams
- Primeira Liga live streaming: Watch the Portuguese top flight online
- Watch Lionel Messi while you can with Ligue 1 online live streams
- Eredivisie live streaming: Watch your club’s next transfer target online