Chelsea currently have the highest Premier League net spend of all clubs during the 2022-23 season.
During the 2022 summer transfer window, Premier League clubs spent £1.9billion – obliterating the previous record set in 2017 (£1.4bn).
Contributing to this, nine of the 20 Premier League clubs spent in excess of £100m on new players.
Chelsea continue to splash the cash with the £89million signing of Mykhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk. However, the 22-year-old’s eight-and-a-half-year contract means that it equates to approximately £10m a year as far as FFP is concerned.
Below are the 20 Premier League clubs ranked in order of net spend…
Premier League Net Spend 2022/23
|Club||Money Spent||Money Received||Net Spend|
Transfer fees sourced from transfermarkt
Download the new Squawka Live app
- Download the Squawka Live app on the App Store or Google Play (here's the link). Currently, the app is available in the UK only.
- Follow your favourite sports, teams and leagues to receive notifications.
- Compare odds and set alerts for specific match scenarios.
- Use Squawka Live as your second screen with real-time updates from free-kicks to blocked shots and offsides.
When does the winter transfer window close across Europe?
- Premier League: Tuesday January 31, 11pm GMT
- EFL: Tuesday January 31, 11pm GMT
- Scotland: Tuesday January 31, 11:59pm GMT
- WSL: Tuesday January 31, 5pm GMT (domestic transfers), midnight (international transfers)
- Bundesliga: Tuesday January 31, 5pm GMT
- Serie A: Tuesday January 31, 7pm GMT
- La Liga: Tuesday January 31, 11pm GMT
- Ligue 1: Tuesday January 31, 11:59pm GMT