Bundesliga most assists: 2019/20 season final standings as Thomas Muller breaks De Bruyne’s record
Goalscorers get all the praise from fans, but it’s also important to celebrate the players setting them up.
For every Robert Lewandowski in the Bundesliga, there is a Thomas Muller providing the goalscoring chances, and the veteran German has made history in the 2019/20 season.
Muller has set up 21 goals in total. This is now the Bundesliga’s all-time record for assists in a single campaign, surpassing the previous best set by Kevin De Bruyne.
Muler finishes the season five ahead of Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho, who himself set a new club record at Borussia Dortmund for assists in a single Bundesliga campaign with a total of 16.
Three behind Sancho are RB Leipzig midfielder Christopher Nkunku and Thorgan Hazard. Eintracht Frankfurt’s Filip Kostic (11) completes the top five.
Bundesliga most assists 2019/20 season: Current standings
Players with the same amount of assists are separated by minutes played.
- Thomas Muller: 21 assists (2,259 minutes)
- Jadon Sancho: 16 assists (2,291 minutes)
- Christopher Nkunku: 13 assists (1,910 minutes)
- Thorgan Hazard: 13 assists (2,388 minutes)
- Filip Kostic: 11 assists (2,869 minutes)
- Alassane Plea: 10 assists (2,149 minutes)
- Serge Gnabry: 10 assists (2,202 minutes)
- Achraf Hakimi: 10 assists (2,716 minutes)
- Vincenzo Grifo: 8 assists (1,633 minutes)
- Marcus Thuram: 8 assists (2,216 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 34 – 16:20 27/06/2020)
READ MORE ON THE BUNDESLIGA:
Bundesliga 2019/20 top scorers list
Bundesliga tips and predictions