Goalscorers get all the praise from fans, but it’s also important to also celebrate the players setting them up to put the ball in the onion bag.
For every Robert Lewandowski in the Bundesliga, there is a Thomas Muller providing the goalscoring chances – and the veteran German is currently leading the way for assists in the 2019/20 season.
Muller has set up 20 goals in total. This is, in fact, just one behind the Bundesliga‘s all-time record for a single campaign (21), set by Kevin De Bruyne.
Muller is four ahead of Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho, who has set a new club record at Borussia Dortmund for assists in a single Bundesliga campaign with a total of 16.
Bundesliga most assists 2019/20 season: Current standings
Players with the same amount of assists are separated by minutes played.
- Thomas Muller: 20 assists (1,991 minutes)
- Jadon Sancho: 16 assists (2,067 minutes)
- Christopher Nkunku: 13 assists (1,817 minutes)
- Thorgan Hazard: 13 assists (2,090 minutes)
- Serge Gnabry: 10 assists (1,968 minutes)
- Alassane Plea: 10 assists (2,149 minutes)
- Achraf Hakimi: 10 assists (2,491 minutes)
- Filip Kostic: 10 assists (2,599 minutes)
- Marcus Thuram: 8 assists (2,206 minutes)
- Maximilian Arnold: 8 assists (2,408 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 30 – 20:00 06/06/2020)