Goalscorers get all the praise from fans, but it’s also important to celebrate the players setting them up.
For every Robert Lewandowski in the Bundesliga, there is a Thomas Muller providing the goalscoring chances, and the veteran German has made history in the 2019/20 season.
Muller has set up 21 goals in total. This is now the Bundesliga‘s all-time record for assists in a single campaign, surpassing the previous best set by Kevin De Bruyne.
Muler finishes the season five ahead of Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho, who himself set a new club record at Borussia Dortmund for assists in a single Bundesliga campaign with a total of 16.
Three behind Sancho are RB Leipzig midfielder Christopher Nkunku and Thorgan Hazard. Eintracht Frankfurt’s Filip Kostic (11) completes the top five.
Bundesliga most assists 2019/20 season: Current standings
Players with the same amount of assists are separated by minutes played.
- Thomas Muller: 21 assists (2,259 minutes)
- Jadon Sancho: 16 assists (2,291 minutes)
- Christopher Nkunku: 13 assists (1,910 minutes)
- Thorgan Hazard: 13 assists (2,388 minutes)
- Filip Kostic: 11 assists (2,869 minutes)
- Alassane Plea: 10 assists (2,149 minutes)
- Serge Gnabry: 10 assists (2,202 minutes)
- Achraf Hakimi: 10 assists (2,716 minutes)
- Vincenzo Grifo: 8 assists (1,633 minutes)
- Marcus Thuram: 8 assists (2,216 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 34 – 16:20 27/06/2020)