Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha has insisted his future lies with the Eagles despite rumours of a possible summer transfer.
Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund have both been linked with Zaha during another impressive season for the Ivorian.
Is Zaha happy to stay at Palace? Five key things to know…
- Zaha initially left Palace for Manchester United in the summer of 2013 but made just four first-team appearances for the Red Devils.
- Since returning to Selhurst Park, Zaha has developed into one of the best players outside the top six.
- Before signing a new contract last summer, the 26-year-old said “the love” Palace fans feel for him keeps him happy at the club.
- But the Eagles look set to finish in the bottom half of the Premier League again, with many onlookers suggesting Zaha belongs at a club higher in the table.
- The Ivory Coast international has scored eight goals and provided eight assists in 29 league appearances so far this term.
Zaha signed a new five-year contract with Palace last year, meaning the Eagles are likely to command a huge fee for him summer.
But the player himself appears to be in no rush to leave Selhurst Park.
“My future is at Palace. I am at Palace, I am not thinking about anything [else],” Zaha said, according to Sky Sports.
“I’m just playing my football and I will just see what the future holds for me.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
Zaha’s importance to Palace
Zaha has been directly involved in 16 of Palace’s 39 Premier League goals this season, which is indicative of his importance to the team.
Roy Hodgson’s side are known for their organisation in defence, but Zaha has repeatedly given them the attacking edge over their bottom-half rivals.
Palace look set to stay up with relative ease this season; they are currently 11 points clear of 18th-placed Cardiff City in the table.
But the Eagles will know retaining Zaha is crucially important to ensuring another comfortable Premier League survival next term.