Other Sport

SportsBroker explained with Man City vs Chelsea stats

By Harry Edwards

Published: 14:02, 19 April 2024

Thinking of signing up to SportsBroker? The following guide breaks down how the “performance pools” betting brand works using the example of this weekend’s biggest game as, Manchester City vs Chelsea.

How does SportsBroker work?

Unlike most bookmakers, SportsBroker doesn’t provide odds and you don’t bet against the bookie. Instead, when you bet on a team, your bet enters a team pool of fans who share your prediction. If your prediction comes off, you share 70% of the opposing team pool’s stake (team pool sizes is something to consider if you want to maximise potential winnings).

So what about the other 30% of the team pools? Well this portion is awarded based on the ‘performance score’ produced by the team you backed, as measured by Opta and SportsRadar stats. What this means is you have a chance to “reduce your losses from 70% to 40%.”

The performance score determines how this 30% is decided. As SportsBroker explain: “The difference in the points accumulated by each team equals the percentage gain for the team with the points advantage. For example, if Team A has 40 points and Team B has 20 points, that’s an advantage of 20 points for Team A – In the case Team A wins the match they will take an extra 20% from their opponent’s pool, if they lose the match they will reduce their 70% loss by 20% and in the case of a draw they will simply take 20% of their opponents’ pot.”

Games from the Premier League, Championship, Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, MLS, J1 League, Eliteserien, Euros, Internationals and NFL are all available to pick from.

Here’s a graphic from the SporstBroker website to help you understand the potential outcomes of your wager.

Man City vs Chelsea stats

For football matches, these are the stats behind the performance score:

  • Positive: Goal (3), Shot on Target (2.5), Woodwork (1), Corner Won (0.4), Tackle Won (0.4), Shot off Target (1), Aerial Duel Won (0.2), Ground Duel Won (0.2), Shot Blocked (1), Punches (0.1)
  • Negative: Red card (-3), Yellow Card (-0.75), Offside (-0.25)

And so here’s a helpful graphic comparing Chelsea with Manchester City for the above categories:

SportsBroker sign-up offer: How to get a £20 bonus

  1. Sign up to SportsBroker using this link
  2. Wait for your account to be confirmed.
  3. Once joined, go to the cashier and deposit a minimum of £10 to receive bonus funds as a matched deposit (maximum £20).
  4. Pick your match and bet on the pools.
  5. To withdraw bonus funds, bettors must wager the bonus a minimum of 10x.

*You must be 18+ to gamble. For New Customers Only. Minimum deposit £10. Deposit will be matched with bonus funds. Minimum bet and payment method exclusions apply. Time limits and T&Cs apply. For more information visit begambleaware.org