Chris Eubank Jr will continue his pursuit of the middleweight title when he takes on Liam Smith in Manchester on Saturday..
Euabnk Jr returns to the ring for the first time in almost a year after his fight against Conor Benn, scheduled for October, was cancelled after his opponent was suspended for failing a drugs test. Whilst Benn continues to attempt to clear his name, Eubank Jr has turned his attention to former world champion, Smith.
Smith will not prove to be an easy touch though and the two men have a near identical record, with Smith picking up just one more loss than Eubank over his career.
“He’s a competent fighter, but class beats competence every day of the week. It’s a good opportunity for me to show I’m twice the fighter that he is as well as those he has faced”, said Eubank.
“Sixty per cent is much too generous to give to Liam Smith. He’s below that and if he’s ready for it then he will receive it.”
Smith spoke back, backing himself to be triumphant. “If he was at 60 percent for the fight that never was against Conor Benn, then he’ll need to be at 160 percent to be ready to face me, a former world champion, in front of thousands of my fans in the North-West”, he responded.
“For Chris this is a high-risk, low-reward. For me, it’s the perfect platform to show I will rule the world again in 2023. He needs to be prepared for the toughest night of his career.”
Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith latest odds and tips
Bet365 offer: Bet £10 on Eubank Jr vs Smith and get £50
- Open an account (here’s a link)
- Make a qualifying deposit of between £5* and £10*
- Claim the offer to receive five times your deposit in ‘Free Bets’.
- To release your ‘Free Bets’, place qualifying bets to the value of the your qualifying deposit and allow those bets to settle.
- Your ‘Free Bets’ will become available shortly after your qualifying bets have settled
- To use your ‘Free Bets’, select ‘Use bet credits in the bet slip’.
CLAIM HERE. 18+. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of qualifying bets. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org
When is Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith?
The showdown between Eubank and Smith will take place on Saturday, January 20 at AO Arena, Manchester.
The undercard is scheduled to get under way at 5pm, with the main card beginning at 8pm. Ring walks for the headline fight will begin at approximately 10pm (all times UK).
Chris Eubank Jr vs Liam Smith full undercard:
- Ekow Essuman vs Chris Kongo
- Frazer Clarke vs Kevin Espindola
- Joseph Parker vs Jack Massey
- Richard Riakporhe vs Krzysztof Glowacki
- Scott Forrest vs Amine Boucetta
- Matty Harris vs Jiri Surmaj