Barcelona will look to make it three La Liga wins on the spin when they play host to Valencia on Saturday at 3:15pm (UK time).
Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen; Dest, Mingueza, Araújo, Alba; Busquets; Griezmann, Pedri, Coutinho, Braithwaite; Messi.
Valencia XI: Doménech; Wass, Gabriel, Diakhaby, Gayá; Musah, Soler, Racic, Cheryshev; Gómez, Guedes.
Where to watch Barcelona vs Valencia on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN SPORTS
Where to live stream Barcelona vs Valencia:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Barcelona vs Valencia live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:00, 17/12/20)
Scoreline prediction: Barcelona 1-0 Valencia
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Barcelona vs Valencia build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
The Blaugrana pulled off a huge 2-1 victory over second-placed Real Sociedad in midweek to make it back-to-back wins for Ronald Koeman since suffering that 3-0 humiliation at the hands of Juventus. The Dutchman now faces his former club Valencia, whom he managed in the 2007/08 season.
After a slow start to the season, Barca have just begun to gain a foothold under Koeman, who has collected six points across his last two matches and taken the Catalan club up to fifth. They have a game in hand on fourth-placed Villarreal which, if they win, will take them into the top four.
Valencia also made a slow start to the season, but there are few signs that things will start picking up any time soon. Los Che are winless in their last four outings and have tasted victory just once across their previous eight meetings with Barca, though that win was the most recent showdown, a 2-0 triumph at the Mestalla back in January.
- Barcelona (vs Real Sociedad): Ter Stegen; Dest, Araujo, Mingueza, Alba; Busquets, De Jong, Pedri, Griezmann, Braithwaite; Messi.
- Valencia (vs Athletic Bilbao): Domenech; Wass, Gabriel, Diakhaby, Lato; Musah, Soler, Racic, Guedes; Vallejo, Gomez.
Sergi Roberto, Gerard Pique and Ansu Fati remain long-term absentees for Koeman, while Ousmane Dembele recently sustained another hamstring injury which has ruled him out until the New Year. Valencia boss Javi Gracia, meanwhile, is without Kevin Gameiro and former Barca goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen.
Players to watch:
- Barcelona: Despite only just turning 18 last month, Pedri has already cemented a consistent first-team berth under Koeman and is dazzling Barca fans with his twinkle-toed feet and balletic gait. There are shades of Lionel Messi in his dribbling ability and a maturity about his play that transcends his cherubic features. “I listen and learn from him,” Pedri recently said of his relationship with Messi, and it’s clearly rubbing off on him, as he looks a real talent, and has somewhat quelled the loss of another young star, Fati, to injury.
- Valencia: Barca are not alone in the wonderkid department with Los Che also boasting a precocious midfielder on the books. Yunus Musah, 18, is a fully-fledged United States international and has started 11 of Valencia’s 13 La Liga games this season, scoring his first goal in a 2-2 draw with Getafe. The New Yorker spent time in the Arsenal academy between 2012 and 2019, but is now a first-team regular at the Mestalla and tipped for the top.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Barcelona: WWLWL
- Valencia: DDLDW
Live Stream Sport: Where to watch online
A wide range of online bookmakers live stream sporting events, from the world’s most popular football matches to niche fixtures you may not necessarily be able to access via traditional TV channels. Click one of the links below to find out how you can access live streams available in your region. 18+ only. Sign-up and funded account required. Geo restrictions and full terms & conditions apply. BeGambleAware.
- Ladbrokes click here – Football, tennis, cricket & more
- Bet365 click here – Football, tennis, darts, basketball, hockey & more
- Unibet click here – Football (La Liga), NFL, NBA, horse racing & more
- Paddy Power click here – UK, Irish and UAE horse racing & more
- Betfair click here – Football, horse racing, tennis & more
- 888 Sport click here – UK and Irish horse racing & more