The 2022 Women’s European Championships is nearing its climax with England and Germany set to go head-to-head in the final.
So far just four nations have tasted glory in the 12 previous editions of the tournament, with Germany dominating the continent with a massive EIGHT victories – including six in a row.
But they lost their crown in 2017 and have a big fight to claim number nine, while a host of nations will be looking to join the exclusive group of European champions.
Like any major tournament, 16 teams entered and were split into four groups of four with the top two advancing to the knockout stages in search of reaching that dream Wembley final.
Women’s Euro 2022 Outright Odds
The latest Women's Euro 2022 outright odds
*You have to be 18+ to gamble. All odds within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:00, 30/07/2022). BeGambleAware.
Paddy Power betting offer: Up to £50 cash back - money back as cash if any of your first 5 x £10 football bets lose
- Follow THIS LINK (or click the image below) to open a new account using promo code YSKWEY
- Deposit a minimum of £10 using a card.
- Place a Sportsbook bet on Football at min. odds of 2.0 (1/1). For the purposes of this promotion, your first ever settled bet will be counted as the qualifying bet.
- If your bet loses, your stake up to £10 will be refunded
- You can repeat the last two steps up to five times
- Qualifying requirements must be completed within 90 days of account opening.
In 2017, Netherlands added their name to the list of European champions by beating Denmark 4-2 in the final as hosts, knocking out England and Sweden along the way. As mentioned, that ended Germany’s stranglehold of the European Championships, with Norway (twice) and Sweden the other winners in the competition’s history.
However, Netherlands defence of their crown ended at the quarter-final stage as they were beaten 1-0 by France, who are on their best-ever run at a European Championships. They were joined in the semi-finals by hosts England, Sweden and powerhouse Germany, who hadn’t conceded at the tournament so far, keeping four clean sheets.
Germany did finally concede in the semi-final, via an own goal from goalkeeper Merle Frohms no less, but it was not enough to derail their march to the final, beating France 2-1. And, of course, they will meet hosts England at Wembley after their 4-0 thrashing of Sweden.
Check out our comprehensive guide to Women’s Euro 2022 below.
William Hill betting offer: How to get £40 in free bets
Not signed up to William Hill? Qualifying readers* can earn up to £40 in free bets by following the steps below.
- Sign up using THIS LINK (or click the image below) using the promo code Q40.
- Place a £10 bet at odds of 1/2 or higher.
- Your free bets will be credited as 4x £10. Please see full Ts&Cs.
*18+ only. New customers using Promo code Q40 only. Min £10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 4x £10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after qualifying bet is settled, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit begambleaware.org.
Women’s Euro 2022 groups and fixtures
Women's Euro 2022 Group A results and final standings
- July 6 - England 1-0 Austria
- July 7 - Norway 4-1 Northern Ireland
- July 11 - Austria 2-0 Northern Ireland
- July 11 - England 8-0 Norway
- July 15 - Northern Ireland 0-5 England
- July 15 - Austria 1-0 Norway
Euro 2022 Group A permutations
- England have qualified as group winners.
- Austria have qualified as runners-up.
Women's Euro 2022 Group B results and final standings
- July 8 - Spain 4-1 Finland
- July 8 - Germany 4-0 Denmark
- July 12 - Denmark 1-0 Finland
- July 12 - Germany 2-0 Spain
- July 16 - Finland 0-3 Germany
- July 16 - Denmark 0-1 Spain
Euro 2022 Group B permutations
- Germany have qualified as group winners.
- Spain had qualified as runners-up.
Women's Euro 2022 Group C results and final standings
- July 9 - Portugal 2-2 Switzerland
- July 9 - Netherlands 1-1 Sweden
- July 13 - Sweden 2-1 Switzerland
- July 13 - Netherlands 3-2 Portugal
- July 17 - Switzerland 1-4 Netherlands
- July 17 - Sweden 5-0 Portugal
Euro 2022 Group C permutations
- Sweden have qualified as group winners.
- Netherlands have qualified as runners-up.
Women's Euro 2022 Group D results and final standings
- July 10 - Belgium 1-1 Iceland
- July 10 - France 5-1 Italy
- July 14 - Italy 1-1 Iceland
- July 14 - France 2-1 Belgium
- July 18 - Iceland 1-1 France
- July 18 - Italy 0-1 Belgium
Euro 2022 Group D permutations
- France have qualified as group winners.
- Belgium have qualified as runners-up.
- Match 1 – England 2-1 Spain AET
- Match 2 – Germany 2-0 Austria
- Match 3 – Sweden 1-0 Belgium
- Match 4 – France 1-0 Netherlands AET
- Match 1 – England 4-0 Sweden
- Match 2 – Germany 2-1 France
- England vs Germany, July 31 (5pm)
Betway welcome offer: £30 Matched Free Bet if your first Acca loses
How to claim
- Visit Betway via this link
- Place an accumulator with 3+ selections, staking between £5 and £30 (Bet Builder Bets don't qualify)
- Betway will aim to credit your Matched Free Bet within an hour of your first bet settling
*New UK customers only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football or Horse Racing multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. Debit card deposits only (exclusions apply). Free Bet expires 7 days after credited. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full terms apply.