De Bruyne remains at the top of the assist standings with a total of 16 after grabbing another against West Ham United in February and has his sights firmly set on Thierry Henry’s longstanding record of 20, although he was absent in Manchester City’s defeat to Manchester United.
Liverpool full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold is the Belgian’s closest challenger, sitting on 12 after adding two in his side’s win over West Ham in gameweek 24. The England international is ahead of Manchester City forward Riyad Mahrez, who notched his eighth assist of the season in a 1-0 win away at Leicester City.
The Algerian now sits ahead of a group of seven players on seven assists apiece and will need to keep creating goals once this impromptu break is over if he is to retain third place.
Son Heung-min, Emiliano Buendia, David Silva, Adama Traore, Roberto Firmino, Andrew Robertson and Sadio Mane make up that group, with the latter adding to his tally in Liverpool‘s 2-1 win over Bournemouth.
However, with minutes played separating a large majority of the top 10, things will change with every passing Gameweek once the season restarts.
Premier League 2019/20: Most assists table
Players with the same amount of assists are separated by minutes played.
1. Kevin De Bruyne – 16 assists (2,154 minutes)
2. Trent Alexander-Arnold – 12 assists (2,550 minutes)
3. Riyad Mahrez – 8 assists (1,384 minutes)
4. David Silva – 7 assists (1,261 minutes)
5. Son Heung-Min – 7 assists (1,749 minutes)
6. Emiliano Buendia – 7 assists (2,014 minutes)
7. Adama Traore – 7 assists (2,072 minutes)
8. Sadio Mane – 7 assists (2,082 minutes)
9. Roberto Firmino – 7 assists (2,420 minutes)
10. Andrew Robertson – 7 assists (2,445 minutes)
(Correct as of Gameweek 29 – 13:00 30/03/2020)