The inaugural Europa Conference League was a pleasant surprise with excitement across the year and it’s back for 2022/23.
It’s been an intriguing start to the Europa Conference League thus far, with pre-tournament favourites West Ham and Villarreal strengthening their position at the top of the bookmakers’ running to win the second edition of this tournament.
The Hammers have made it two wins from two thus far by overcoming FCSB and Silkeborg and racking up six goals in the process. Anderlecht await them next, but the Premier League side are looking like a good bet to go to the latter stages of the competition at this stage.
El Submarino Amarillo have also picked up the maximum six points so far, winning a seven-goal thriller against Polish side Lech Poznan before overcoming Hapoel Be’er Sheva. They have tasted European success as recently as 2021 too, when they beat Manchester United to lift the Europa League trophy.
Other contenders at this stage appear to be the likes of Koln, Nice and Fiorentina, with Viola looking to make it two Italian winners in two years following the success of Roma in the competition’s debut last season.
Sky Bet welcome offer: How to get £20 in free bets
It's a good time to sign up to Sky Bet. Qualifying readers* will get £20 in free bets when staking just £5. You can follow THIS LINK to claim or click the image below.
*New customers only. First single & E/W bet only. £5 minimum stake. 4x £5 bet tokens. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Minimum odds of qualifying bet 1/1 or greater. Free bets exclude virtuals. Free bets are not withdrawable. No free bet expiry. Eligibility restrictions and further Ts&Cs apply. 18+ only. begambleaware.org
Europa Conference League 2022/23 draw
- Group A: Istanbul Basaksehir, Fiorentina, Heart of Midlothian, RFS
- Group B: West Ham, FCSB, Anderlecht, Silkeborg
- Group C: Villarreal, Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Austria Wien, Lech Poznan
- Group D: Partizan, Koln, Nice, Slovacko
- Group E: AZ, Apollon Limassol, Vaduz, Dnipro-1
- Group F: Gent, Molde, Shamrock Rovers, Djurgardens IF
- Group G: Slavia Prague, Cluj, Sivasspor, Ballkani
- Group H: Basel, Slovan Bratislava, Zalgiris, Pyunik
Find the latest Europa Conference League winner odds for the 2022/2023 season here:
*You have to be 18+ to gamble. All odds within this article are accurate at the time of writing (11:00, 16/09/2022). BeGambleAware.
Sky Bet New Customer Offer: Bet £5, get £20 in free bets
- Open a new Sky Bet account using this link
- Once registered, deposit and place a qualifying bet of up to £5
- Receive £20 in free bets, credited as 4 x £5 free bets