Barcelona are interested in signing Inter Milan forward Lautaro Martinez, according to his agent Alberto Yaque.
The 21-year-old Argentine striker has been heavily linked with a move to Catalunya this summer.
A graduate of Racing Club’s youth set-up, Martinez relocated to Inter Milan last summer and would go on to make 35 appearances for the Nerazzurri, scoring nine goals.
His present deal expires in June 2023 and following speculation of Barça monitoring him, the powers that be in Milan refuted any bid from Spain.
It remains to be seen whether a move happens this summer following the recent acquisition of Antoine Griezmann, but they are following him as his representative Yaque confirms.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“Talk of Barcelona’s interest is true,” he told Ole.
“No-one’s called us, but we know that they’ve been looking at him strongly. It’s true that Barcelona like him.”
How has Martinez fared to date? Five key things to know…
- Martinez came through at Racing Club where he made 58 appearances, scoring 26 goals.
- He would relocate to Inter Milan in 2017 for a reported £12.6m.
- To date, Martinez has played 35 times for Inter, registering nine goals.
- So far, he’s won 11 international caps with Argentina.
- Martinez scored twice across four matches at the recent Copa America 2019.