Liverpool will attempt to win their seventh European Cup when they face Real Madrid in Paris on Saturday.
Jurgen Klopp’s men are in buoyant mood after picking up two domestic pieces of silverware as well as finishing a point behind Premier League champions Manchester City.
However, coming into Uefa’s showpiece event there are question marks over Thiago after he limped off during Liverpool’s win over Wolves with an achilles injury, but the Reds head coach is confident he will feature at the Stade de France.
Liverpool vs Real Madrid betting tips from Squawka Bet
- Fabinho and Casemiro to make 8+ tackles between them @7/2 with Sky Bet
- Mohamed Salah to have 3 or more left footed shots on target @17/2 with Paddy Power
- Salah and Benzema to have 5+ shots on target between them @5/1 with Sky Bet
- Mohamed Salah to be named UEFA Man of the Match @7/2 with William Hill
- Vinicius Junior to provide an assist @21/5 with Bet UK
- Alexander-Arnold to assist 1 or more goals & have 1 or more shots on target from outside the box @11/1 with Betfair
18+ only. Please gamble responsibly. For more information, visit begambleaware.org. All odds and offers in this article are valid at time of publication.
“I only just met him now inside. There’s a good chance,” he told reporters.
“He will be training this afternoon. He did some stuff this morning. It was not planned that he was doing this session with the players this morning, but it looks like he can be part of [team] training tomorrow. That would be really helpful!
“We hope he can. It is surprisingly good. After the [Wolves] game I was not really positive about it, but then we got that news overnight that it was not bad.
“So we will see. I can imagine everybody thinks now it is three days before the game and he is not training, but we just have to be sure that we do the right stuff in the right moment.”
|Club||Paddy Power||888Sport||Sky Bet|
You have to be 18+ to gamble. All odds within this article are accurate at the time of writing (21:00, 28/06/2022). BeGambleAware.
There was more good news for Liverpool with influential defensive midfielder Fabinho spotted in training. The former Real Madrid Castilla player missed Liverpool’s last three matches — including the FA Cup final — with a hamstring injury he sustained in their 2-1 win over Aston Villa earlier this month. In his absence, Klopp has fielded skipper Jordan Henderson alongside Naby Keita and Thiago.
Joe Gomez also took part in training, but Divock Origi will miss out after picking up a muscle problem in training ahead of the Wolves game, the ‘cult hero’ Belgian forward will join newly-crowned Serie A champions AC Milan this summer.
Liverpool predicted XI v Real Madrid:
- Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson; Fabinho, Keita, Thiago; Salah, Mane, Diaz.