The Champions League draw for the last-16 has been made for a second time following controversy in the original showcase.
Manchester United were initially drawn against Group F opponents in Villarreal, but by UEFA’s own rules, no team can be drawn against a club from their group or their own association, meaning a new ball from the pot had to be selected.
The Europa League winners were ultimately drawn against Manchester City and Man Utd were pitted with PSG, but the mix up left a sour note on the spectacle and following backlash in the conclusion of the drawn, UEFA declared the original fixture list null and void.
A redraw has since taken place and below you can read the full fixture list of the new match-ups scheduled to take place early next year.
Last-16 fixture list in full:
2021/22 Champions League last-16 draw
|Red Bull Salzburg
When will the Champions League last-16 take place?
The last 16 is scheduled for dates in February and March, with first legs and second legs taking place across two weeks.
The first legs are set for 15/16 and 22/23 February 2022, with the return legs planned for 8/9 and 15/16 March 2022.
The 2021/22 Champions League final will take place Saturday, May 28, 2022 at the Gazprom Arena in Saint Petersburg, Russia (the home of Zenit Saint Petersburg).
Original last-16 draw
- Benfica vs Real Madrid
- Villarreal vs Manchester City
- Atletico Madrid vs Bayern Munich
- Salzburg vs Liverpool
- Inter Milan vs Ajax
- Sporting Lisbon vs Juventus
- Chelsea vs Lille
- Paris Saint-Germain vs Manchester United
- When are the Europa League knockout round play-off and last 16 draws and who has qualified?
- Ajax’ history-making Champions League campaign so far explained in eight stats
- Where are they now? Jurgen Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund Champions League finalists
- Ranked: The top five goalkeepers in the Champions League this season