Man Utd vs Man City predictions: tips, odds and team news
Man Utd and Man City go head-to-head in the Manchester derby on Sunday, October 28th, at 3:30pm (UK time).
Man Utd vs Man City odds
Odds correct as of 10:30 on October 27 | 18+ only. BeGambleAware.
After a tough start to the season, Erik ten Hag has got his side back on track, with the Red Devils winning each of their last three matches across all competitions. First, Scott McTominay scored twice in stoppage time for a comeback win against Brentford, before the Scot scored again (and gave away a penalty) against Sheffield United in a 2-1 win and then finally, United picked up their first three points in the Champions League this term, thanks to a goal from Harry Maguire and a late penalty save from Andre Onana.
Man City, however, will be an altogether different challenge. Pep Guardiola’s men put their defeat to title rivals Arsenal before the international break behind them with back-to-back wins over Brighton and Young Boys, as they continue their quest for another incredible treble.
Since the start of the 2011-12 season, Manchester City have won 13 of their 24 Premier League meetings with Manchester United (D3 L8), more than any other side in that time. Their previous 13 league wins over the Red Devils had come over a 62 game period between 1970 and 2011. While, City have won more Premier League away games against Manchester United than any other side (8), with seven of their eight wins at Old Trafford coming in their last 12 visits.
Man Utd vs Man City: Predictions
|Correct Score||Man Utd 1-3 Man City||13/1|
|First Goalscorer||Julian Alvarez||5/1|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
The stats behind our Man Utd vs Man City predictions:
- There hasn’t been a clean sheet in any of the last four meetings between these sides.
- City have won four of the last five Manchester derbies.
- No player has scored the opening goal in more different Premier League games this season than Julián Álvarez.
- City have won more Premier League away games against Manchester United than any other side (8).
- Only Arsène Wenger (12) has won more Premier League games against Manchester United than Pep Guardiola (7).
BetMGM sign-up offer: Get £40 in free bets when you bet £10
Not signed up to BetMGM yet? Here's how eligible readers* can take advantage of their welcome offer:
- Open an account at BetMGM using this link.
- Select the Sports Welcome Offer.
- Get the offer from the ‘My Offers’ page.
- Deposit and place a £10 bet at odds of 1/1 (2.0) or greater.
- When it settles, unlock £40 in Free Bets
*New customer only. 3 days to claim & 7 days to place a qualifying bet to receive 4x Free Bets: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder, 1 x £10 Acca and 1 x £10 Football. 7 day expiry. Exclusions apply. Stake not returned. T&Cs apply. For more information, visit begambleaware.org
There have been 20 goals scored across the last four meetings between these two teams combined. Man City have scored more goals than any other Premier League side in 2023 (69), while only Spurs (33) have scored more away goals than City (30) in that time.
BTTS > Man City win > Erling Haaland anytime goalscorer
There hasn’t been a clean sheet in any of the last four meetings between these two teams. City have won more Premier League away games against Manchester United than any other side (8), while only Arsène Wenger (12) has won more Premier League games against Manchester United than Pep Guardiola (7). Erling Haaland is looking to become the first player to reach double figures for goals in the Premier League this term.
Man Utd team news
|–||Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia and Lisandro Martinez, Jadon Sancho||Casemiro|
Man Utd will be without Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia and Lisandro Martinez for the visit of their rivals, while Casemiro is a doubt. Scott McTominay should keep his place in midfield after some impressive recent performances.
Man City team news
|–||Kevin De Bruyne, Manuel Akanji||–|
Man City, meanwhile, remain without Belgian magician Kevin De Bruyne as well as Manuel Akanji, after his red card against Brighton last weekend.
Man Utd vs Man City head-to-head record
- 03/06/23 – Man City 2-1 Man Utd – FA Cup final
- 14/01/23 – Man Utd 2-1 Man City – Premier League
- 02/10/22 – Man City 6-3 Man Utd – Premier League
- 06/03/22 – Man City 4-1 Man Utd – Premier League
- 06/11/21 – Man Utd 0-2 Man City – Premier League
Man City have won four of the last five meetings with their nearest rivals, including the 2-1 FA Cup final success en route to lifting the treble.
Man Utd vs Man City Squawka Says
Recommended bet3:30 pm Sunday October 29
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 13/1 Claim Here