Terms & Conditions
Squawka Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Squawka’, 'Squawka Ltd' or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Warnford Court 29 Throgmorton Street, London EC2N 2AT. Our company registration number is 08314406. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Battlemode Terms & Conditions
Short terms for Twitter/Facebook
UK & ROI. 18+. Normal exclusions. 76 prizes. Closes 13.07.14 See website for details. sqwk.at/BattleModeTandCs
Competition: Win one of 76 prizes with Squawka Battle Mode
- 1st Prize: Private tour of FA England high performance centre, lunch and meet and greet with England Coach and a game on the training pitch for the winner and 10 mates. Plus 11 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 products
- 2nd Prize: Signed England 2014 World Cup Shirt plus 5 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 products
- 3rd Prize: £500 Amazon vouchers plus 3 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 product
- 4th Prize: £300 Amazon vouchers plus 3 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 product
- 5th Prize: £200 Amazon vouchers plus 3 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 product
- Other prizes include: 1 x Signed Joe Hart shirt and 64 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 products to giveaway 48 x £25 Amazon Voucher 12 x £50 Amazon Voucher 3 x £100 Amazon Voucher 1 x £200 Amazon Voucher 6 x Limited Edition trophies and an article about you hosted on Squawka.com
- Promotion open to residents of UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years old or over on 1 May 2014. Employees and the immediate families of Squawka Ltd and P&G UK (together “the Promoter”), retailers, their agents, anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter this promotion.
- The promotion runs from 10 June to 13 July 2014. There will be 5 individual winners from the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland who rank the highest in the Overall Leaderboard at the end of the promotion. http://battlemode.squawka.com/rules
- Each highest ranked UK or Republic of Ireland user of every individual Battle Mode game will receive 1 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 product and Amazon vouchers of the following amounts; Group stages (£25 Amazon Vouchers), Round of 16 & Quarter Finals (£50 Amazon Vouchers), Semi Final & 3rd, Place (£100 Amazon Vouchers) and The Final (£200 Amazon Vouchers). Plus they will be entered into a prize draw to win a signed Joe Hart shirt. The prize draw will be treated as a separate prize promotion and the winner will be selected at random under the supervision of an independent observer.
- Overall UK and Republic of Ireland winners of the individual Battle Mode games (e.g. Passelona) will receive a limited edition trophy and be featured in an upcoming article on Squawka.com
- By participating in this promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Online entry only at sqwk.at/BattleMode
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th UK and Republic of Ireland ranked users in the Overall Battle Mode Leaderboard will be notified will be notified within 3 days working days after the competition close date.
- 1st prize (Private tour of FA England high performance centre, lunch and meet and greet with England Coach and a game on the training pitch for the winner and 10 mates. Plus 11 x Head & Shoulders Limited edition Joe Hart 450ml 2in1 products) will be fulfilled on a date of the promoters discretion and the prize will not include any travel or accommodation expenses.
- Winners of the individual Battle Mode games will be notified within 3 days working days after the competition close date.
- Winners of the individual Battle Mode leaderboards (eg Passelona Leaderboard) will be notified within 3 days working days after the competition close date.
- Promotional periods: Prize Draw by the 21st July 14. The winner of the signed Joe Hart shirt will be contacted by Squawka Ltd by email notified within 3 days working days after the prize draw.
- 'The winning entrants will be contacted within 3 working days from the close date. One entry per person. Multiple entries per person will not be counted.'
- In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 72 hours of such notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original. No responsibility can be taken for claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
- When entering the competition you acknowledge that your Name, Email Address, Public Facebook and/or Twitter data will have been made available to the Promoter. All personal data will be held and be used by the Promoter in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy policies (which are outlined at http://www.squawka.com/privacy-policy and the Data Protection Act 1998).
- No cash alternative is available in whole or in part except, in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winners. The Promoter will not be liable for any cancellations, alterations or modifications to the promotion as detailed above or the prizes for any reason which falls outside its reasonable control.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this draw.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- Acceptance of the prize authorises the Promoter to publish the name of the winners and counties and the winners are consenting to having publicity photographs and/or video images taken of them for use by the Promoter and P&G UK. Where consent is not provided, or where a winner does not wish to accept the prize, an alternative winner will be selected instead.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the promoter Limited for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Names and counties of winners will be available on request for a period of 3 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to Squawka Ltd, Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2AT
- The Promoter's decision is final regarding the choice of winners.
- Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, or where entrants are found to be abusing the promotion in any way, will result in the disqualification of all relevant entries.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in relation to all promotional matters.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Promoter is Squawka Ltd. Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London, EC2N 2AT. Please do not send entries to this address.
"JUST EAT TAKEAWAY XI" COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition will run on Thursday 3rd of July 2014.
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm (GMT) on Thursday 3rd of July 2014.
- Entry to the competition is free. The competition is sponsored by JUST EAT.co.uk Ltd (“Just Eat”) but run by Squawka Ltd (“Squawka”) and all queries relating to the competition should be addressed to Squawka and to the extent any legal relationship is formed as a result of the competition, such relationship shall be between you and Squawka
- The competition is open to individual residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except employees of Just Eat or of Squawka, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with the competition.
- Winners will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The eleven winners will be chosen on Friday 4th of July 2014 from the entry the judges deem in their absolute discretion to be the best from all entries received prior to the close of the competition. The winners will be notified on Twitter within 7 working days from the draw date. The winners have 7 working days to confirm acceptance of their price; otherwise, Squawka reserves the right to withdraw the prize(s). The judging panel will include one independent judge Rikkesh Mistry Product Director who can be contacted at Rikkesh@Squawka.com
- The top prize will be awarded to one winner. The top prize consists in: one Playstation 4 with a copy of FIFA 2014 and an extra controller, and one £50 JUST EAT takeaway voucher.
- The ten runner-ups to the competition will each win one £25 JUST EAT takeaway voucher.
- The vouchers will be sent to winners by email by 31/08/2014. Standard terms and conditions for use of JUST EAT vouchers will apply. See http://www.just-eat.co.uk/privacy-policy#voucher.
- Submitting an entry into the Twitter JUST EAT Takeaway XI competition will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Squawka reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time without prior written notice and/or to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Prizes are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable, or transferable for cash under any circumstances.
- Prizes are subject to availability and Squawka reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal value.
- Squawka’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All standard terms and conditions from time to time for use of Squawka’s website and services apply.