Squawka Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Squawka’, 'Squawka Ltd' or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 843 Finchley Road, London, NW11 8NA. Our company registration number is 08314406. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You are not permitted to use this website other than for private, noncommercial purposes. Use of any automated system or software to extract data from this website for commercial purposes (“screen scraping”) is prohibited. Squawka reserves its right to take such action as it considers necessary, including issuing legal proceedings without further notice, in relation to any unauthorised use of this website.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Unibet's "UnibetSweepstake" Competition Terms & Conditions
- The competition will run on Wednesday 4th May 2016.
- Closing date for entries is 8:30pm (GMT) on Wednesday 4th May 2016. Entry to the competition is free.
- The competition is sponsored by Unibet Alderney Ltd “UNIBET” but run by Squawka Ltd “SQUAWKA" and all queries relating to the competition should be addressed to Squawka and to the extent any legal relationship is formed as a result of the competition, such relationship shall be between you and Squawka.
- The competition is open to individual residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except employees of Unibet or of Squawka, their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with the competition.
- Any winners will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The winner will be chosen on Wednesday 4th May 2016 at random, from all the correct entries received and abiding by the terms in point 4. The winners will be notified on Twitter within 3 working days of the draw date.
- Shots On Target figures will be settled in accordance with official statistics published by UEFA - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague
- The winners have 3 working days to confirm acceptance of their prize; otherwise, Squawka or Unibet reserves the right to withdraw the prize(s).
- A Free Bet of £100 will be awarded to the winner including a signed football boot by Cristiano Ronaldo.
- The free bet will be credited into the Unibet account of the winner. The free bet cannot be exchanged for cash. The free bet have to be used by 30th May 2016. Standard terms and conditions for Unibet apply. (https://www.unibet.co.uk/general-info/terms).
- Submitting an entry into the Unibet #UnibetSweepstake competition will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Squawka reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time without prior written notice and/or to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Prizes are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable, or transferable for cash under any circumstances.
- Prizes are subject to availability and Squawka reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal value.
- Squawka’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All standard terms and conditions from time to time for use of Squawka’s website and services apply.
ContiPredicts Competition Terms & Conditions
Win a VIP trip to England vs. Wales at UEFA EURO 2016
By participating in this promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
Promoter: Squawka Ltd and Continental Tyre Group Ltd. 191 High Street, Yiewsley, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 7XW. Please do not send entries to this address.
1. Promotion open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents, aged 18 years old or over on 28 May 2016. Employees and the immediate families of Squawka Ltd and Continental Tyre Group Ltd (together “the Promoter”), retailers, their agents, anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter this promotion.
2. Entry to this promotion requires the entrant/s to have a personal, valid and current Twitter account.
3. Maximum five entries per person. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. If any entrant creates numerous Twitter accounts in order to enter the Promotion more than once, they will be disqualified.
4. The promotion runs on 28 May 2016 from 12:00:00 to 20:30:00 only.
How to enter:
5. Online entry only at http://twitter.com/Squawka or http://twitter.com/ContiUK
6. The competition will entail the user entering the requested information and answer the question specified by the Promoter.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to change the question up until kick-off.
8. All correct answers will be entered into the appropriate draw. In cases where no correct answers are received, the nearest to the correct answer will win, if this is a tie those entries will be entered into the draw.
9. All final statistics will not include any period of extra time should the match go beyond 90 minutes. Injury time is included.
10. Entrants must contain #ContiPredicts and your answer.
11. Entrants must follow @Squawka on http://www.twitter.com.
12. Entrants must follow @ContiUK on http://www.twitter.com.
13. There will be eight (8) individual prizes to be won each consisting of one pair of tickets to England v Wales at UEFA EURO 2016™ at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens on 16 June 2016. Travel dates are 15 June 2016 to 17 June 2016. The prize includes flights to Paris CDG Airport from London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, transfers within Paris and Lens and two nights overnight accommodation. The prize does not include any transfers to and from the event in the UK. The prize is not cashable or refundable.
14. Winners will be selected at random under the supervision of an independent observer. One pair of tickets per competition winner.
15. The winners will be contacted by Squawka Ltd by direct message on http://www.twitter.com within 48 hours of the draw. In the event the claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 72 hours of such notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original. No responsibility can be taken for claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
16. The winner must be over the age of 18 and have a valid British or Republic of Ireland Passport. The winner must be able to provide proof of age, citizenship and a photocopy of their passport to qualify as a valid entrant. If the winner does not qualify as a valid entrant then an alternative winner will be selected instead.
17. When entering the competition you acknowledge that your Tweet entry, Name and Twitter handle will have been made available to the Promoter. All personal data will be held and be used by the Promoter in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy policies (which are outlined at http://www.squawka.com/privacy-policy and http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/car/legal.
18. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoters, not Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the promotion. By entering the promotion all participants accept that they have no claim against Twitter whatsoever.
19. No cash alternative is available in whole or in part except, in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winners. The Promoter will not be liable for any cancellations, alterations or modifications to the promotion as detailed above or the prizes for any reason which falls outside its reasonable control.
20. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this draw.
21. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
22. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
23. Acceptance of the prize authorises the Promoter to publish the name of the winners and counties and the winners are consenting to having publicity photographs and/or video images taken of them for use by the Promoter and Continental Tyre Group. Where consent is not provided, or where a winner does not wish to accept the prize, an alternative winner will be selected instead.
24. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the promoter Limited for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
26. Full names and counties of winners will be available on request for a period of 3 months following the closing date by sending a self-addressed envelope to Continental Campaign Office, Stream Ltd, 66-68 Chapel Street, Marlow, Bucks. SL7 1DE.
27. The Promoter's decision is final regarding the choice of winners.
28. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, or where entrants are found to be abusing the promotion in any way, will result in the disqualification of all relevant entries.
29. The Promoter’s decision is final in relation to all promotional matters.
30. The Promoter retains the right to decide the final stats outcome in accordance with the Opta Disclaimer.
31. Contrary to a lot of sites, Squawka calculate possession by working out how long each team has the ball in possession. Squawka start the timer on the first of two consecutive passes, a keeper picking-up the ball or a keeper smothering the ball. The timer runs for the duration of successful passing events in the string. The string is ended if the ball goes out of play or possession is lost. This is then totalled and the respective percentage is calculated for each team. The total possession percentage is worked out by summing the total minutes in possession of both teams, then dividing the total minutes in position of each team by total possession minutes.
Read more - http://www.squawka.com/football-stats-definitions.
32. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
The statistics that choose the winners in each of the Competitions are based on data received from Opta Sports. All Customers participating in the Competition recognise that the data feed may contain and be subject to human error, which may in turn affect the outcome of the Competitions. By participating in the Competition, all Customers accept that it is possible for the statistics to contain inaccuracies. Statistics will be allocated to players and teams based on data provided by Opta Sports live in-match, as we receive the data. Statistics will be FINAL and locked in based on updated data provided by Opta Sports shortly after full-time in each match. No alterations will be made to the Statistics after this update. In some cases, Squawka may have a different interpretation of the data that Opta provides than Opta themselves. In this case Squawka may process the raw Opta data feed in a different way to Opta themselves, meaning that certain Statistics may be different.