The Belarus Premier League is almost a third of the way through with its ninth round of fixtures taking place.
It remains a tight league between teams looking to get their hands on one of Belarus’ three European spots for 2021 while also fighting to avoid relegation to the Belarusian First League.
Dinamo Brest are defending champions, having claimed their first league title last year, while Belshina and Smolevichy-STI were promoted.
Read on to find out how to stream the games from the ninth gameweek and other things to look out for during the next set of fixtures.
How to live stream:
Some of this weekend’s fixtures, including the Belarus Premier League games, will be available to watch with bet365’s streaming service. Here’s how:
- Go to bet365 via this link
- Register for an account (this could also earn you up to £100 in free bet credits, though terms and conditions apply and you have to be over 18)
- Make a deposit to unlock the live stream sections of the site
- Head to the live stream section of the site
- Watch your chosen game live
NB: To watch, customers must have funded a Sports account or have placed a bet within the last 24 hours. 18+ | T&C’s Apply | Gamble Responsibly | Geo restrictions apply. These odds and promotions are valid at the time of the writing of this article on Friday, May 15th at 11:00 BST.
Belarus Premier League fixtures this weekend
- Torpedo BelAZ vs Gorodeya (16:00)
- Energetyk-BGU vs Dinamo Brest (13:00)
- Shakhtyor vs Slavia (15:00)
- BATE vs Slutsk (17:00)
- Belshina vs Vitebsk (13:00)
- Dinamo Minsk vs Isloch (15:00)
- Ruh Brest vs Smolevichy-STI (17:00)
* UK times provided
Click here to play ‘Up for 8’ and predict the outcome of this week’s Belarus Premier League games. 8 games. 8 results. £8k top prize.
UK only. T&C’s apply. You have to be 18+ to gamble. For more information, go to BeGambleAware.org.
Belarus Premier League standings
- BATE (16 points)
- Slutsk (16 points)
- Torpedo BelAZ (15 points)
- Energetyk-BGU (15 points)
- Isloch (15 points)
- Dinamo Minsk (13 points)
- Shakhtyor (12 points)
- Ruh Brest (12 points)
- Slavia (11 points)
- Vitebsk (11 points)
- Gorodeya (11 points)
- Minsk (10 points)
- Dinamo Minsk (9 points)
- Neman Grodno (8 points)
- Smolevichi-STI (3 points)
- Belshina (2 points)
Belarus Premier League top scorers
- Gegam Kadimyan (Neman): 6 goals
- Jasurbek Yaxshiboev (Energetyk-BGU): 6 goals
- Umar Bala (Slutsk): 4 goals
- Valeri Gorbachik (Torpedo BelAZ): 4 goals
- Vladimir Khvashchinskiy (Minsk): 4 goals
- Yevgeny Shikavka (Dinamo Minsk): 4 goals
- Momo Yansane (Isloch) 4 goals
Belarus Premier League: The story so far
It has been an interesting start to the 2020 Belarus Premier League campaign, though no team has really distanced themselves at the top.
Most football fans from outside of Belarus will be familiar with BATE due to their regular participation in either the Europa League or Champions League, but the 15-time league winners had to make do for second last season, and are having to fight to reclaim their title this year. After victory last week, BATE do currently sit top of the table but they are level on points with Slutsk – whom they face this weekend.
The top two are only one point clear of those behind them, with three teams currently sitting on 15 after a strong gameweek eight for those in the top half of the table. To emphasise the closeness of the league, just four points separate first from eighth and there are another four between eighth and 14th.
But while just eight points separate first from 14th, the bottom two are slightly further adrift. Both Smolevichy-STI and Belshina await their first wins of the season and are on three and two points respectively – having lost their past three games.