Youri Tielemans will put speculation about his future to rest in a “few weeks” amid strong Premier League links.
The 22-year-old Belgian midfielder enjoyed a loan spell at Leicester City last season from parent club AS Monaco whom he’s contracted to until June 2022.
His future with Les Monégasques seems in doubt and following strong interest from The Foxes to make his stay a permanent one, as well as Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur lurking, he could remain in England’s top division.
Tielemans, who bagged three goals and created five more for the Foxes, made 65 outings for Monaco (six goals and three assists) in all competitions before crossing the English Channel.
A 21-time capped Belgium international he’s currently preparing for De Rode Duivels upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Scotland whilst knowing all eyes are on him.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“We’ll see which club it will be. The only thing I can say is that things are moving,” he told reporters.
“A lot of clubs have shown interest and we’ll see in the next few weeks which club it will be
“(Manchester United and Spurs) are really big teams in England and in Europe so yeah, it’s flattering to hear those names.
“For me, it’s good, it gives me confidence. I’ll just try to play my game on the pitch and to do my best.”
Tielemans’ journey? Five key things to know…
- Tielemans was born on May 7th, 1997, in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, Belgium
- Came through Anderlecht’s renowned academy which has produced Vincent Kompany and Romelu Lukaku
- He’d make no fewer than 185 appearances for the first team, scoring 35 goals and creating 31 more.
- Tielemans would join AS Monaco for a reported £23.5m in July 2017.
- He’d spend last season on loan at Leicester City, producing three goals and five assists.