In-form duo Wolves and Southampton are set to face off in the Premier League at Molineux this Saturday (3pm GMT).
Wolves vs Southampton Best Bet
Recommended bet3:00 pm Saturday January 15
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 13/8 Claim Here
Wolves vs Southampton Match Info
Date: Saturday January 15th 20121
Kick-off time: 3.00pm GMT
Referee: Michael Salisbury
Wolves vs Southampton odds
Wolves vs Southampton: Match Odds
|Wolves||5/4 with Bet365|
|Southampton||47/20 with 888sport|
|Draw||21/10 with Betfair|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Wolves vs Southampton Head-to-Head Record
Last 4 matches
23 Nov 2020 – Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Southampton – Premier League
11 Feb 2021 – Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Southampton – FA Cup
14 Feb 2021 – Southampton 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers – Premier League
26 Sep 2021 – Southampton 0-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers – Premier League
Full head-to-head record
Total head-to-head matches played: 71
Wolves wins: 25
Southampton wins: 28
Wolves vs Southampton Betting Offer
CLICK HERE to claim. 18+ only. *New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org. Full T&Cs apply.
Wolves vs Southampton Stats
- Wolves have lost just one of their last 11 league games against Southampton (W6 D4) and have found the net in each of their last 10 against Saints.
- Only Manchester City (13) have conceded fewer Premier League goals this season than Wolves (14). Excluding penalties, Wolves are the only side yet to concede a goal from a set-piece situation in the Premier League this term.
- None of Wolves’ last eight Premier League games have seen more than one goal scored (3x 1-0 wins, 3x 0-0 draws, 2x 1-0 defeats), with only Burnley having a longer such run in the competition (9 between April 2015 and August 2016).
- No side has scored fewer first half goals than Wolves in the Premier League this season (5). Indeed, Bruno Lage’s side have netted as many goals in or after the 80th minute this term as they have in the opening 45.
- Wolves’ Raúl Jiménez has been directly involved in five goals in his six Premier League appearances against Southampton (4 goals, 1 assist) – against no side has the Mexican been involved in more in the competition.
Stats provided by Opta
Wolves vs Southampton Predictions
It hasn’t taken too long for Bruno Lage to take to life as a Premier League manager. The Portuguese boss has made his Wolves team very difficult to beat this season and they come into this fixture on the back of a four game unbeaten run in all competitions. That run has helped them to rise to eighth in the table and a big reason for that success is the second-best defensive record in the league with just 14 goals conceded in 19 matches.
Of course, the issue has been at the other end of the field for the Midlands outfit, with no player managing more than four league goals so far this season. Every one of Wolves’ last eight Premier League games has seen fewer than two goals scored and although their Saturday opponents Southampton have been more open of late, it would be wise to anticipate another low-scoring affair at Molineux on Saturday.
Much like Wolves, Southampton’s form in the early stages of the campaign left a lot to be desired but a recent improvement has seen the club rise in the table to 11th place. The Saints make this trip on Saturday on the back of their best performance of the season in midweek as they thumped Brentford 4-1 at St Mary’s Stadium to extend their unbeaten run to five matches in all competitions.
One man that this excellent Wolves backline will have to keep an eye on in this game is the Southampton skipper James Ward-Prowse. The 27 year old is in terrific form at the moment having scored three and assisted two goals in his last four Premier League matches.