The race for Champions League qualification hots up when Wolfsburg host Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga on Saturday at 2:30pm (UK time).
Wolfsburg currently sit third in the table with a five-point gap separating them from this weekend’s visitors with just four games to go.
How to live stream Wolfsburg vs Dortmund online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Wolfsburg vs Dortmund live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:00, 22/04/21).
Where to watch Wolfsburg vs Dortmund on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Wolfsburg 2-1 Dortmund
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Wolfsburg vs Dortmund build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
After a little wobble that saw them lose back-to-back games against Eintracht Frankfurt and Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg returned to winning ways with a 3-1 victory over Stuttgart last time out. Oliver Glasner’s men are a point ahead of fourth-placed Frankfurt and a win here will all but confirm their place in the Champions League next season.
That’s because Dortmund currently occupy fifth place but trail Woflsburg by five points, while they’re also four adrift of Frankfurt. While Edin Terzic has restored some pride at Germany’s second-biggest club, Dortmund have still endured a topsy-turvy campaign, but at least head to Wolfsburg on a run of three consecutive victories. Another win here will leave them with a genuine chance of booking their place at European football’s top table again next season, while defeat will be nothing short of a disaster.
- Wolfsburg (vs Stuttgart): Casteels; Baku, Pongracic, Brooks, Roussillon; Schlager, Arnold; Brekalo, Philipp, Gerhardt; Weghorst.
- Dortmund (vs Union Berlin): Hitz; Piszczek, Akanji, Hummels*, Guerreiro; Can; Reyna, Bellingham, Reus, Hazard; Haaland.
Renato Steffen is still sidelined for the hosts, but Wolfsburg can welcome back Kevin Mbabu and Paulo Otavio from suspension. There are doubts over the fitness of Maxence Lacroix, Joshua Guilavogui, Jerome Roussillon and Admir Mehmedi.
Dortmund head to Wolfsburg still without Axel Witsel, Dan-Axel Zagadou, Marcel Schmelzer and Youssoufa Moukoko, while Mats Hummels is suspended for yellow card accumilation. Manuel Akanji and Jadon Sancho both returned to action against Union Berlin last time out.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Wolfsburg: While a win would be huge for Wolfsburg, even a draw would leave them primed to secure Champions League qualification, so perhaps keeping a clean sheet will be more important than going for goals on Saturday. With that in mind, John Brooks stands out as Glasner’s key man. The United States international has been one of the best centre-backs in Europe over the last few years and that hasn’t changed this season, with Brooks using his unique blend of aggression, intelligence and grace on the ball to lead Wolfsburg to the second-best defensive record in the league. Keeping Erling Haaland and Co quiet will be another challenge entirely this weekend.
- Borussia Dortmund: Haaland has actually failed to score in five of his last six appearances for Dortmund but while the Norwegian sensation has gone off the boil, elder statesman Marco Reus has stepped up. Playing in an attacking midfield role, Reus has notched three goals and two assists in his last eight appearances across all competitions, including the opening goal against Union Berlin last time out. Does he have the keys to unlock Brooks and the rest of the Wolfsburg defence in Saturday’s must-win clash?
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Wolfsburg: WLLWW
- Dortmund: WWWLD
More live stream options: