Bayern Munich will be looking to finish the 2019/20 season with a flourish when they visit Wolfsburg on the final Bundesliga matchday this Saturday afternoon.
Hans-Dieter Flick’s men have won their last 12 league matches on the bounce, en route to an unprecedented eight-peat. During that period, they’ve registered 38 goals and conceded just 10 times.
Wolfsburg, meanwhile, have secured Europa League football of some variety for next term but could still be overtaken by seventh-place Hoffenheim, who are away to Borussia Dortmund this afternoon. If they fail to equal or do better than Hoffenheim this afternoon, they will have to go through the Europa League’s extensive qualifying schedule.
They might also be in the mood to upset the champions ahead of their trophy presentation, which the German FA have confirmed will take place on the final matchday in a ceremony attended by DFL managing director Christian Eifert.
Where to watch Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich on TV:
- UK: BT Sport ESPN
- US: Fox Sports 1
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Wolfsburg vs Bayern Munich live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (26/06/20, 16:30)
— VfL Wolfsburg (@VfL_Wolfsburg) June 27, 2020
Bayern Munich team:
— #MEI8TER (@FCBayern) June 27, 2020
Players to watch:
- Wolfsburg: Opportunities could be few and far between for Wolfsburg, but what better time to face Bayern than on the final weekend? There’s every chance the champions could already be in holiday mode. Someone that will be hoping to profit from any uncharacteristic Bayern defending is Dutch marksman Wout Weghorst, who netted twice last time out against Schalke 04 moving him onto 16 for the season, which his one shy of last season’s return.
- Bayern Munich: This season’s Bundesliga top scorer prize has surely been wrapped up. Robert Lewandowski (33) is seven goals clear of Timo Werner, but the European golden shoe is yet to be sealed with the likes of Ciro Immobile (27), Cristiano Ronaldo (22) and Lionel Messi (21) — all within striking distance — still to complete their respective championships. This game represents Lewandowski’s last chance to add to his total, before sitting back and seeing whether he can be beat.
Scoreline prediction: Wolfsburg 1-3 Bayern Munich
Bundesliga 2019/20 recent form:
- Wolfsburg: LWDLW
- Bayern Munich: WWWWW