Borussia Dortmund begin life post-Lucien Favre with an away trip to Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga on Tuesday at 7.45pm.
Dortmund sacked Favre in the wake of their humbling 5-1 defeat at home to Stuttgart, ending his two-and-a-half year stint in the dugout. Assistant coach Edin Terzic has since been appointed as interim manager and he will begin his tenure with a journey to the Weserstadion.
Where to watch Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 2
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:00, 13/12/20)
Scoreline prediction: Werder Bremen 0-2 Borussia Dortmund
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
With just one win from their last four Bundesliga games, including that 5-1 capitulation at home to Stuttgart, the Dortmund hierarchy decided to wield the axe a relieve Favre of his duties. The Swiss coach has left with Dortmund currently fifth in the Bundesliga table and five points adrift of Bayern Munich in first.
Interim boss Terzic will look to get the club’s season back on track when they take on Werder Bremen, who have not won any of their last eight games, which includes five consecutive 1-1 draws, and currently sit just outside the relegation zone by four points.
- Werder Bremen (vs RB Leipzig): Pavlenka; Gross, Toprak, Friedl; Gebre Selassie, Mohwald, Eggestein, Augustinsson; Bittencourt, Schmid; Sargent.
- Borussia Dortmund (vs Stuttgart): Burki; Can, Hummels, Akanji; Morey, Bellingham, Witsel, Guerreiro; Sancho, Reyna; Reus.
Dortmund remain without Erling Haaland, Thomas Meunier, Thomas Delaney, Reinier and Marcel Schmelzer, while Milot Rashica and Niclas Fullkrug are absent for the hosts.
18+ only. UK residents only. All winnings are credited in cash and can be withdrawn. Deposit £20 to £100 to receive free bets matching deposit. Free bets credited as four equal free bets. The qualifying bet must have odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater. The qualifying period runs for 7 days from the date of registration. Standard BetBull General Promotions Rules Apply. Standard BetBull Terms & Conditions Apply. BeGambleAware.
Player to watch:
- Werder Bremen: Goals have come at a premium for Josh Sargent this season, with just one across his 10 Bundesliga games so far, but the 20-year-old American has been earning his stripes in other ways. The multifunctional forward is one of only two Werder players this season to register two or more assists, while he has also created more chances than any other player at the club (16). Head coach Florian Kohfeldt certainly won’t mind future blanks being fired if his young forward can continue this stellar playmaker streak.
- Borussia Dortmund: From one American to another, Dortmund have their own stateside star on the books in the form of teenage sensation Giovanni Reyna. The 18-year-old has had a stellar campaign so far, netting three goals and registering a club-best four assists. He is also second only to Erling Haaland for shots taken (18) and Jadon Sancho for successful take-ons (21). Those two are largely seen by many as the club’s best young stars, but in Reyna, the Black and Yellows have another future Ballon d’Or contender donning the jersey.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Werder Bremen: LLLDL
- Borussia Dortmund: LDLWL
More live stream options: