Bayern Munich are just one win away from clinching an eighth successive Bundesliga title when they travel to Werder Bremen on Tuesday evening (19:30).
The Bavarians have been in stellar form since the return of the German top-flight and can scoop the Meisterschale if they secure maximum points against relegation-threatened Werder.
That prospect will be augmented by the return of Robert Lewandowski, who was suspended for the Borussia Monchengladbach win on Saturday, but their hosts will not be resting on their laurels when they welcome the champions-elect to the Weserstadion.
The River Islanders currently sit in the relegation zone but are level on points with Fortuna Desseldorf, who occupy the relegation play-off spot, and three points from absolute safety. This encounter has all the makings of a Bundesliga classic.
Where to watch Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate
- US: Fox Sports 2
Where to live stream Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Werder Bremen vs Bayern Munich live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15/06/20, 10:30)
Werder Bremen & Bayern Munich’s previous line-ups:
- Werder Bremen (vs Paderborn): Pavlenka; Veljkovic, Vogt, Moisander; Gebre Selassie, Eggestein, Klaassen, Augustinsson; Osako, Sargent, Rashica.
- Bayern Munich (vs Borussia Monchengladbach): Neuer; Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Hernandez; Kimmich, Goretzka, Gnabry, Cuisance, Perisic; Zirkzee.
Florian Kohfeldt remains without Kevin Mohwald, Omer Toprak, Nuri Sahin and Claudio Pizarro. Bayern welcome back Lewandowski but Hans-Dieter Flick will be without Philippe Coutinho, Thiago, Niklas Sule and Corentin Tolisso. The Bundesliga leaders’ team selection raised a couple of eyebrows at the weekend, but with the title now within reach, expect Bayern to be firing on all cylinders.
Players to watch:
- Werder Bremen: Davy Klaassen. Werder have been in inspired form since the Bundesliga returned to action last month, winning three and drawing one of their previous six games, and integral to that end-of-season resurgence has been former Everton playmaker Klaassen. The Dutchman was an unmitigated flop on Merseyside having relocated from Ajax in 2017 with high expectations, but he is on the road to rediscovering his Amsterdam form in Germany and is leading the charge in Werder’s late pursuit of safety. He opened the floodgates in their basement battle against Paderborn on Saturday and will be hoping to capitalise on any potential complacency from the champions-to-be later this week.
- Bayern Munich: Robert Lewandowski. The world-class Pole has already netted 30 Bundesliga goals for the season and is well on his way to a fifth top-goalscorer award, but having missed the previous outing, owing to suspension, he will be raring to go when his side travel to Werder. And that spells significant trouble for the hosts, not only because football’s most prolific operator returns to Bayern’s ranks, but also because Lewandowski has enjoyed substantial success against Werder throughout his career, netting 18 goals in 20 games — including four in the last two — and winning 19 of their 20 encounters.
Scoreline prediction: Werder Bremen 0-3 Bayern Munich
Bundesliga 2019/20 recent form:
- Werder Bremen: WLLWD
- Bayern Munich: WWWWW