The return of the Bundesliga rounds off on Monday night as struggling Werder Bremen host European hopefuls Bayer Leverkusen at the Weser Stadium.
Bremen are struggling terribly this season having won just four of their 24 games so far and are in danger of seeing their 37-year stay in the Bundesliga come to an end. They currently occupy 17th place in the table, five points adrift of a relegation play-off spot, albeit with two games in hand on Fortuna Dusseldorf above them.
However, one of those is Monday night’s clash with Leverkusen, who have a target of their own in securing Champions League football for next season.
Leverkusen have flourished under Peter Bosz and currently sit fifth in the Bundesliga standings, but are only four points behind fourth-placed RB Leipzig – a gap they can shorten with a win over Werder Bremen.
So, where can you watch Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen live and what should you expect from the match?
Where to watch Werder Bremen v Bayer Leverkusen on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: Fox Sports
Where to live stream the game:
- UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware.
- US: Readers based in the States can try Fubo, who are currently running a free trial offer.
Werder Bremen & Bayer Leverkusen’s confirmed line-ups:
- Werder Bremen: Pavlenka; Gebre Selassie, Veljkovic, Moisander, Friedl; Eggestein, Vogt, Bargfrede; Bittencourt, Selke, Raschia.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Hradecky; Weiser, Bender, Tapsoba, Sinkgraven; Demirbay, Aranguiz; Wirtz, Amiri, Diaby; Havertz.
Players to watch:
- Werder Bremen: Bremen fans haven’t had too much to cheer about this season with the club having the Bundesliga‘s worst defence and joint-worst attack, but Milot Rashica has done his best to try and get the club out of the mud. The 23-year-old has been directly involved in 11 Bundesliga goals this season, the only Bremen to reach double figures in that regard and leads the club in both goals (seven) and assists (four). His performances have seen Rashica linked with a move to the Premier League, with clubs including West Ham and Wolves reportedly chasing his signature – after Liverpool had also been interested prior to signing Takumi Minamino.
- Bayer Leverkusen: There has always been a buzz surrounding Kai Havertz at Leverkusen but, this season, the German youngster has taken his game to another level. Predominantly an attacking midfielder, Havertz was shifted to a striking role against Eintracht Frankfurt last time out in the absence of Kevin Volland. The 20-year-old scored, taking his total Bundesliga tally to 30 and becoming the youngest ever player to reach that milestone, breaking the record previously held by Klaus Fischer. In total, Havertz has been directly involved in 11 goals this season, scoring six and adding five assists, and will be looking to add to that against a poor Bremen side.
Scoreline prediction: Werder Bremen 0-3 Bayer Leverkusen
Bundesliga 2019/20 table and recent form:
- Werder Bremen: DLLLL
- Bayer Leverkusen: WDWWW
1. Bayern Munich (58)
2. Borussia Dortmund (54)
3. Gladbach (52)
4. RB Leipzig (51)
The defending champions increase their lead at the top of the table to four points. pic.twitter.com/AE5dZRxl82
— Squawka News (@SquawkaNews) May 17, 2020