Manchester United will look to avenge their Europa League final defeat when they host Villarreal in the Champions League on Wednesday at 8pm (UK time).
The Red Devils lost to the Yellow Submarine 11-10 on penalties after a 1-1 draw back in May but have the chance to quickly get one back over the Spaniards.
How to live stream Man Utd vs Villarreal online:
US ONLY: Fubo* are streaming a selection of Champions League fixtures live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Where to watch Man Utd vs Villarreal on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 3
- US: Paramount+ & TUDN USA
Scoreline prediction: Man Utd 1-2 Villarreal
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Man Utd vs Villarreal build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
To say Villarreal have had a peculiar start to the season would be an understatement. Unai Emery’s men are unbeaten in La Liga after six games, but only because they’ve drawn five of them, including a 0-0 stalemate with Real Madrid at the weekend. What’s more, the Yellow Submarine drew 2-2 with Atalanta in their opening Champions League group stage match, while even when they lost the Uefa Super Cup to Chelsea, they only did so on penalties after a 1-1 draw in normal time. Being hard to beat is great, but Emery needs to find a way to convert three points from their games or this season could slip away from him.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in equal need of a morale-boosting victory. Granted, the Red Devils currently sit fourth in the Premier League with 13 points from six games, just one adrift of leaders Liverpool. But United have lost three of their last four games across all competitions, going down 2-1 away at Young Boys in their Champions League opener before crashing out of the EFL Cup to West Ham and falling 1-0 to Aston Villa at the weekend. Pressure is mounting on Solskjaer, but delivering some payback to Villarreal here will certainly give him some breathing space.
- Man Utd (vs Aston Villa): De Gea; Wan-Bissaka*, Varane, Maguire*, Shaw*; McTominay, Fred; Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba; Ronaldo.
- Villarreal (vs Real Madrid): Rulli; Foyth, Albiol, Torres, Moreno; Parejo, Capoue, Coquelin; Pino, Alcacer, Groeneveld.
Marcus Rashford and Amad Diallo both remain sidelined and are joined by Harry Maguire, who will be out for a few weeks with a calf problem. Luke Shaw is also likely to miss this one, while Aaron Wan-Bissaka is suspended.
Samuel Chukwueze, Gerard Moreno, Dani Raba and Yeremi Pino are all injured for the hosts, while Francis Coquelin is suspended.
CLICK HERE to claim 888 Sport’s new customer offer • 18+ only • Deposit min £/$/€10 using promo code 888ODDS • Bet up to £/$/€5 on your selection at normal odds in the regular market • If your selection wins, we’ll pay you out at the normal price and any extra winnings from the advertised enhanced price will be paid to you in Free Bets • Free Bets are granted within 72 hours and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes are not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time • Restrictions apply to withdrawals, payment methods and countries & Full T&Cs apply • BeGambleAware
Man Utd vs Villarreal: Five key stats
- Cristiano Ronaldo will break Iker Casillas’ record for Champions League appearances if he appears in this match, setting a new record of 178 games. However, Ronaldo has never scored against Villarreal in four previous appearances against them in the competition, only facing Lille and Benfica as often without finding the net.
- Man Utd lost on matchday one of this season’s Champions League against Young Boys – they have never lost their opening two matches of a major European campaign in their history.
- Villarreal are unbeaten in their last 16 major Uefa European games (W12 D4) across the Europa League and Champions League, the longest current run of any side. The only Spanish team to have a longer run of unbeaten games in Uefa European history is Espanyol between September 2006 and November 2019 (20 in a row).
- The four Champions League clashes between Man Utd and Villarreal have all finished 0-0, making it the most played fixture in the history of the competition to see no goals scored.
- Arnaut Danjuma came off the bench on matchday one against Atalanta to score his second Champions League goal in three appearances, netting previously in October 2018 for Club Brugge. He is the first Dutchman to score in two of his first three appearances since Theo Janssen in October 2010 – no Dutch player has ever scored in three of their first four appearances.
More live stream options: