Villarreal will be looking to get back into La Liga’s top four when they host neighbours Levante on Saturday (1pm kick-off, UK time).
Unai Emery’s side started the season well but have tailed off slightly, while Levante continue to creep up the table.
Where to watch Villarreal vs Levante on TV:
- UK: LaLigaTV
- US: beIN Sports Connect
How to live stream Villarreal vs Levante online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Villarreal vs Levante live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (17:30, 30/12/20).
Scoreline prediction: Villarreal 1-0 Levante
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Villarreal vs Levante build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Emery received plaudits for his work at Villarreal early in the season as they looked comfortable in their top-four spot, a far cry from his poor spell at Arsenal. However, they have faltered in recent weeks, eventually falling out of the Champions League places.
Villarreal have won just one of their past seven league games, with that sole victory coming against then bottom-of-the-league Osasuna. They have drawn five matches during that run and lost 2-0 to Sevilla last time out, their second defeat of the season.
Levante, meanwhile, have been slowly building a run of positive results after their poor start to the season. Losing four of their opening five games, Granotas went into their match against Celta Vigo at the end of October bottom of the league.
However, six draws and three wins from their next 10 matches, including a 4-3 victory over Real Betis in midweek, have seen Levante move up the table. During that run, the only team to have beaten them are Barcelona, who only scraped a 1-0 win.
- Villarreal (vs Sevilla): Asenjo; Pena, Albiol, Torres, Pedraza; Gomez, Foyth, Parejo, Trigueros; Moreno, Nino.
- Levante (vs Real Betis): Fernandez; Miramon, Duarte, Pier*, Clerc; Morales, Radoja, Malsa, De Frutos; Gomez, Marti.
Villarreal will be joined by Etienne Capoue in the New Year, as his signing from Watford was confirmed but, of course, he is not expected to play any part in this weekend’s game.
Rober Pier is suspended for Levante after his red card against Real Betis.
Players to watch:
- Villarreal: Gerard Moreno has been at the heart of Villarreal’s positive season so far, contributing with his goals. The Spaniard is the joint-second highest scorer in La Liga this season, with eight strikes so far, alongside Karim Benzema. Adding one assist, Moreno has been directly involved in just under half of Villarreal’s 20 La Liga goals this season, and Saturday’s game will be a perfect time for him to end his two-game drought.
- Levante: Jose Morales was arguably the main reason Levante beat Real Betis in midweek, to move that bit further away from the relegation zone. The 33-year-old, who is Levante’s top scorer with six goals, put an end to a six-game drought by scoring twice inside a couple of minutes to put his side in control. He also helped confirm the win, setting up Roger Marti for Levante’s fourth, a cushion that proved to be too much for Real Betis to overcome.
La Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Villarreal: LDWDD
- Levante: WDWLW
More live stream options: