Napoli will look to consolidate their Europa League qualification place when they travel to top-six aspirants Verona on Tuesday in Serie A.
Napoli returned to life post-shutdown with an emphatic Coppa Italia win over Juventus last week but will now turn their attention to the league.
Gennaro Gattuso’s side currently occupy the final Europa League spot in sixth, but Verona sit just a place and a point below them in seventh.
The Yellow and Blues are in fine form this season on their return to the Italian top-flight and can leapfrog Napoli with maximum reward later this week.
It was a routine win for the visitors in the reverse fixture, but Ivan Juric’s side will be hopeful of pulling off an upset and gatecrashing the top-six party.
Where to watch Verona vs Napoli on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream the game:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Verona vs Napoli live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (22/06/20, 11:00)
Verona & Napoli’s previous line-ups:
- Verona (vs Cagliari): Silvestri; Rrahmani, Kumbulla, Empereur; Faraoni, Amrabat, Agyemang-Badu, Lazovic; Verre, Borini*; Di Carmine.
- Napoli (vs Juventus): Meret; Di Lorenzo, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Fabian Ruiz, Demme, Zielinski; Callejon, Insigne, Mertens.
Fabio Borini is suspended for the hosts after an overturned VAR decision saw him handed a straight red card in the 2-1 win over Cagliari on Saturday.
Gattuso may be tempted to hand his Coppa Italia-winning side another start in this fixture, given the magnitude of the outcome in the top-six race.
Players to watch:
- Verona: Miguel Veloso. The Portuguese stalwart joined Verona last summer following the club’s promotion to Serie A and his experience has been invaluable as the club look to cause an upset in the division’s upper reaches. The midfield maestro netted on his debut with a scintillating free-kick and he hasn’t looked back since, proving Juric’s go-to creative cog. The 34-year-old has carved out more chances for his teammates than any player this campaign, while also helping himself to three assists and two goals. Against a midfield as robust, dynamic and versatile as Napoli’s, Veloso’s inclusion will be key to matching the visitors in the centre of the pitch.
- Napoli: Dries Mertens. The club’s record goalscorer may be 33, but he is playing with the world class edge of a footballer several years his junior. The diminutive forward recently signed a three-year contract extension, much to the chagrin of Inter Milan and Chelsea, the two previous frontrunners for his signature, and he will now be hoping to cement European football for next season after recently lifting the Coppa Italia. His slick movement, clinical edge and link-up play with Insigne all coalesce to form a devastating attack for Gattuso. Verona will have to stay focused if they are to contain the Belgian goal-fiend.
Scoreline prediction: Verona 0-2 Napoli
Serie A 2019/20 recent form:
- Verona: WLDWD
- Napoli: WWWLW