Inter Milan will look to make it seven successive Serie A wins when they travel to face Verona on Wednesday (5:30pm kick-off UK time).
Antonio Conte’s side have put together an imperious run of form to move within one point of rivals and league leaders AC Milan and will hope to continue their winning streak against ninth-placed Verona this week.
Where to watch Verona vs Inter Milan on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN2
Where to live stream Verona vs Inter Milan:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Verona vs Inter Milan live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:15 on 21/12/2020)
Scoreline prediction: Verona 0-2 Inter Milan
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Verona vs Inter Milan build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Hellas Verona have won five and drawn five of their opening 13 Serie A matches this season to take a respectable 20 points. They have lost just one of their last five league games, claiming impressive away wins over Atalanta and Lazio.
However, they have not kept a clean sheet in their last four matches and followed their 2-1 defeat by Sampdoria with a 1-1 draw against Fiorentina on Saturday.
Inter Milan, meanwhile, have been transformed into the kind of winning machine Conte was famed for creating at Chelsea earlier in his career. His side are rarely blowing away their opponents, but they are winning.
Inter’s only defeat this season came at the hands of rivals AC Milan in October. Since then they have gone on a nine-game unbeaten league run which has featured six straight wins.
- Verona (vs Fiorentina): Silvestri; Dawidowicz, Gunter, Ceccherini; Faraoni, Tameze, Veloso, Dimarco; Lazovic, Zaccagni; Salcedo.
- Inter Milan (vs Spezia): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; Lukaku, Martinez.
Verona are without midfielder Antonin Barak, who received a three-match suspension for his red card in the 2-1 defeat by Sampdoria. Marco Benassi, Nikola Kalinic, Mert Cetin and Ronaldo Vieira are all injured.
Achraf Hakimi returned from injury with a goal for Inter against Spezia, but could be rotated for Matteo Darmian, while Stefano Sensi is challenging Marcelo Brozovic for a place in the starting XI. Arturo Vidal came off the bench on the weekend after recovering from a thigh strain so could start this time, but Alexis Sanchez is still out.
Players to watch:
- Verona: Mattia Zaccagni has been the stand-out player for Verona this season. Playing from an inside-left position, the 25-year-old has contributed three goals and two assists to lead the way for goal involvements. With joint-top scorer Barak suspended, Zaccagni’s creation will be even more important for the hosts against an in-form Inter team intent on keeping pace with their rivals at the top of Serie A.
- Inter Milan: Inter are on a roll in the league and their collective form owes a lot to Romelu Lukaku, who has now netted in four straight Serie A games. The most recent – against Spezia and Napoli – have come from the penalty spot, but the goals are only adding to the Belgian striker’s sky-high confidence at the moment. Lukaku (11) currently trails Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo (12) by one goal in the Serie A goalscoring race, although he does have two assists to Ronaldo’s one.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Verona: WDWLD
- Inter Milan: WWWWW