Varane “thinking about” leaving Real Madrid, says agent
Football agent Bruno Satin has claimed Raphael Varane is considering leaving Real Madrid this summer.
After speaking to Varane’s brother, Satin claims the centre-back is contemplating an exit from the Bernabeu after eight seasons in the Spanish capital.
Why would Varane leave Real Madrid? Five key things to know…
- Varane has won everything there is to win with Real Madrid including two La Liga titles and four Champions League trophies.
- Last month, French outlet L’Equipe claimed the centre-back was considering his future at Madrid.
- It is believed Varane wants to challenge himself in another division after a hugely successful spell in Spain.
- Satin has made similar suggestions after an alleged conversation with Varane’s brother.
- Varane has made 35 appearances across all competitions this season, scoring two goals.
Varane, who has been linked with Manchester United, has been with Real Madrid since he was 18 after joining from French club Lens.
But Satin believes a summer transfer could be on the cards following a conversation with the 25-year-old’s brother.
“I spoke recently with Anthony, Raphael’s brother, so we discussed a little bit about the state of the market, so to speak,” Satin said, according to FourFourTwo.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“So I think at this moment in his career he is having a profound reflection. I don’t think he has fully decided to leave Real Madrid, but he is thinking about it.
“He has won everything that you can at Real Madrid, he has the feeling that he has done what was to be done over there, and there could be a new cycle.
“Aside from that, I have not spoken directly with Raphael myself.”
Is Zidane about to receive payback for Pogba comments?
Last week, Zinedine Zidane drew the ire of some Manchester United fans by seemingly attempting to lure Paul Pogba to Real Madrid.
Zidane said: “If one day he gets the chance when he wants to leave United… if, when he finishes his experience at United, he wants to come here, why shouldn’t he come to Real Madrid?”
Many read this as Zidane beginning the process of convincing Pogba to leave United for the Bernabeu, but could Varane moving in the other direction could be seen as payback for those comments?
Old Trafford has been mooted as a potential destination for Varane is he decides to leave Madrid, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer surely wouldn’t turn down the chance to sign one of Europe’s leading centre-backs.