Valencia and Espanyol both look to return to winning ways in La Liga when they lock horns on Thursday evening.
Los Che presently sit in mid-table but are not that far off bringing European football back to Mestalla next season.
Things couldn’t be any more different for their Catalan rivals who prop up the championship table. With two matches remaining, Espanyol are relegated, meaning pride is all there is left to play for. They have won five league games this season, their fewest total by this stage in competition history.
Where to watch Valencia vs Espanyol on TV:
- UK: Premier Player
- US: Fanatiz USA
Where to live stream Valencia vs Espanyol:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Valencia vs Espanyol live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15/07/20, 12:00)
Valencia & Espanyol’s previous line-ups:
- Valencia (vs Leganés): Doménech; Wass, Paulista, Diakhaby, Costa; Coquelin, Kondogbia, Parejo, Guedes; Gómez, Gameiro.
- Espanyol (vs Eibar): Diego López; Gómez, Espinosa, Cabrera, Vilà; Melendo, Roca, David López, Embarba; Campuzano, Calleri.
Rodrigo Moreno, Ezequiel Garay, Gaya and Cristiano Piccini will all miss this outing for Valencia due to respective injuries. Espanyol, meanwhile, go into this game without the services of right-back Pipa who is expected to miss the remainder of this campaign.
Players to watch: Ferran Torres (Valencia)
A plethora of Europe’s biggest clubs are keeping tabs on exciting Valencia winger Ferran Torres, who doesn’t turn 21 until next February. The yet-to-be capped Spain international has recently lost his starting berth under interim boss Voro but is expected to return here.
Torres will then be hoping to end a 13-game goalless streak, with his last strike coming at Mallorca in January.
Key Opta stats:
- Valencia are unbeaten their last 11 league games against Espanyol at home (W9 D2); however, they drew 0-0 in their last home game against them last season.
- Espanyol have won just one of their last eight LaLiga meetings against Valencia (D1 L6), 2-0 in August 2018 at RCDE Stadium.
- Valencia have only won 20% of the games they have played in LaLiga this season without Rodrigo Moreno (2/10) compared to a 42.3% with him on the pitch (11/26).
Scoreline prediction: Valencia 2-1 Espanyol
La Liga 2019/20 recent form:
- Valencia: LLDWL
- Espanyol: LLLLL