The Road to Qatar 2022 for South American nations continues with Brazil travelling to Centenario for an away match against Uruguay on Tuesday at 11pm (Uk time)
The five-time world champions have been in stellar form so far, winning their opening three matches, including last week’s 1-0 triumph over Venezuela, which places them first in the standings and three points ahead of their midweek opponents.
Bordering country, Uruguay, suffered a concerning 4-2 loss at the hands of Ecuador in October’s round of fixtures but have since restored parity with the chasing pack via a convincing 3-0 win over Colombia on Friday.
That places the inaugural World Cup winners fourth (the final automatic qualification place) and within touching distance of early leaders Brazil. Tite’s men are natural favourites heading into this contest, but La Celeste have momentum and more than enough quality to get a result.
Where to watch Uruguay vs Brazil on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: Fanatiz
Where to live stream Uruguay vs Brazil:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Uruguay vs Brazil live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (16:00, 16/11/20)
Uruguay & Brazil’s previous line-ups:
- Uruguay (vs Colombia): Campana; Cacares, Gimenez, Godin, Vina; Bentancur, Torreira, Nandez, De La Cruz; Suarez, Cavani.
- Brazil (vs Venezuela): Ederson; Danilo, Marquinhos, Silva, Lodi; Allan, Ribeiro, Luiz; Jesus, Firmino, Richarlison.
Few changes are expected to be made in this contest with both nations keeping clean sheets and securing three points in their previous matches. Brazil remain without the likes of Neymar, Eder Militao, Philippe Coutinho, Fabinho and Casemiro, while Uruguay are without Federico Valverde, Maxi Gomez and Ronald Araujo.
Players to watch:
- Uruguay: Having been out of action since March, it took Edinson Cavani five matches to open his account for Manchester United, and he now has goals in back-to-back games for club and country, having broken the deadlock against Colombia last week. The seasoned centre-forward missed last month’s qualifiers as he was still building up his fitness from a protracted spell away from the pitch, but he is now up and running and will be eager to continue this recent hot streak ahead of his return to Old Trafford when the European club calendar gets back underway.
- Brazil: With Neymar currently sidelined it was Roberto Firmino who came to the fore against Venezuela in the previous match, netting a 67th-minute winner to maintain Brazil’s perfect start to the qualifiers. Tite will once again be unable to call upon Neymar so Firmino has another opportunity to play a leading role and prove that the Selecao can perform without the PSG superstar.
Scoreline prediction: Uruguay 1-2 Brazil
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)