Roma will be looking to get their first Serie A win of the season when they face Udinese on Saturday (7.45pm kick-off).
Udinese XI: Musso; Becao, Samir, De Maio; Ter Avest, Pereyra, De Paul, Arslan, Ouwejan; Okaka, Lasanga.
Roma XI: Mirante; Ibanez, Mancini, Kumbulla; Santon, Veretout, Pellegrini, Spinazzola; Pedro, Dzeko, Mkhitaryan.
Where to watch Udinese vs Roma on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Udinese vs Roma:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Udinese vs Roma live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (30/09/20, 12:00)
Udinese vs Roma build-up, pre-match team news & previous line-ups:
Paulo Fonseca’s men head into the weekend having picked up just one point across their previous two outings; that result was an entertaining 2-2 draw with champions Juventus, a game that saw Cristiano Ronaldo equalise not once but twice.
It’s a not so dissimilar story regarding Udinese who began their campaign with a 1-0 defeat at Hellas Verona, before suffering a 2-0 loss at home to newly-promoted Spezia, meaning the Little Zebras have now won just one of their last 10 games at the Stadio Friuli.
And the prospects of them getting all three points against Roma aren’t great. Roma have enjoyed their trips to Udinese in recent seasons, winning six of their past seven away games against the club.
- Udinese (vs Spezia): Musso; Becao, De Maio, Samir; Ter Avest, Coulibaly, De Paul, Palumbo, Zeegelaar; Okaka, Lasagna.
- Roma (vs Juventus): Mirante; Mancini, Kumbulla, Ibanez; Santon, Pellegrini, Veretout, Spinazzola; Mkhitaryan, Pedro; Dzeko.
Udinese head into the fixture without Mato Jajalo, Rolando Mandragora. Jens Larsen and Walace. Diego Perotti, Nicolo Zaniolo, Javier Pastore and Justin Kluivert are the players missing for Roma this weekend.
Only two places and one point separate Roma and Udinese heading into this showdown, and their stats for the season reflect that. While Udinese are yet to score, they’ve only managed one shot on target fewer than Roma, who have notched two goals this campaign (both against Juventus). As for general play on the ball, Roma have mustered 55 more passes, looking to work the ball into the box, while Udinese have racked up 18 more cross attempts, which suggests they will look to stretch the play and test the aerial ability of the host’s defence this weekend.
Players to watch:
- Udinese: It was a frustrating start for Udinese who fell to a narrow 1-0 defeat at Hellas Verona. The Friulians registered no fewer than 22 shots on goal (albeit five were on target), and pulling the strings in midfield was Rodrigo De Paul — who has recently been heavily linked with Premier League outfit Leeds United. The Argentine created four chances for his teammates and completed six take-ons. The multifunctional midfielder produced six assists last season alongside his seven goals and is expected to be Udinese’s main creative outlet this weekend, and he will be hoping to do so after failing to help his side stop the rot against Spezia on Wednesday.
- Roma: Not much was being expected of Jordan Veretout heading into his second campaign with Roma after producing six goals across 33 league matches last season. The 27-year-old French midfielder completed the full 90 minutes in the Giallorossi’s opening two Serie A games. He was on target last time out in Roma’s entertaining 2-2 draw with champions Juventus, scoring a brace from three shots on goal, and that’ll no doubt boost his confidence going into matchday three.