Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea face off in a Premier League London derby on Thursday with both sides looking to back get into the race for the top four (8pm kick-off).
Spurs and Chelsea currently sit sixth and seventh respectively on 33 points, but are six behind fourth-placed Leicester City and can ill-afford to fall further behind.
How to live stream Tottenham vs Chelsea online:
US ONLY: Fubo* are streaming a selection of Premier League fixtures live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Where to watch Tottenham vs Chelsea on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 1
- US: Peacock
Scoreline prediction: Tottenham 0-0 Chelsea
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Tottenham vs Chelsea build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It wasn’t too long ago that Jose Mourinho’s side were being tipped for a Premier League title challenge but they have fallen away and now look outsiders for the top four. Although they do have a game in hand over fourth-placed Leicester, Tottenham aren’t in good form, with just two wins in their past nine games, a run of results that saw them drop from first to sixth.
Tottenham go into this game against Mourinho’s former side off the back of consecutive defeats in the Premier League, following up a 3-1 home defeat to Liverpool with a 1-0 loss away at Brighton. But they haven’t lost consecutive home games in the Premier League since January 2019 and face a Chelsea team in terrible form on the road.
Chelsea have lost four of their past five Premier League away games, only managing to beat Fulham in what was a close affair. That form would have been one of the factors behind Frank Lampard’s sacking last week, with the Englishman since being replaced by Thomas Tuchel.
The new Chelsea boss has had a positive start to life in London, unbeaten after two games with a goalless draw against Wolves and 2-0 win over Burnley at the weekend. Chelsea do also have a good recent record against Tottenham, unbeaten in their past four Premier League meetings – though Tottenham were victorious in the Carabao Cup earlier this season.
- Tottenham (vs Brighton): Lloris; Sanchez, Rodon, Alderweireld; Sissoko, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Davies; Bale, Son; Bergwijn.
- Chelsea (vs Burnley): Mendy; Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger; Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso; Mount, Werner, Abraham.
Tottenham received good news concerning Harry Kane’s injury, with the Englishman only expected to be out for a couple of weeks, though he is of course missing for this game. Kane is joined on the sidelines by Sergio Reguilon, Giovani Lo Celso and Dele Alli.
Tuchel, meanwhile, has a fresh squad to choose from with N’Golo Kante back in training, but the German has kept people guessing with his starting XIs so far.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Min stake £10, min odds 2.0. Only deposits made using Cards or ApplePay will qualify. Free bets are awarded after the qualifying bet has settled, valid for 30 days, must be used on Same Game Multiples. Max £50 in free bets. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Tottenham: With Harry Kane injured, Tottenham will be more reliant on Son Heung-min to get a result this week. In their first game post-Kane at the weekend, Tottenham struggled in front of goal, taking just eight shots (compared to Brighton’s 16) and hitting the target four times. Then, Mourinho opted for Steven Bergwijn as the most advanced player, but this week he may look to Son to capitalise on the high line Chelsea have been playing under Tuchel so far, especially to exploit Thiago Silva and Jorginho’s lack of pace. Son is without a goal or assist in his past two Premier League games but has still been directly involved in 18 goals this season, with only Mohamed Salah scoring more than his 12.
- Chelsea: One of the biggest winners of Tuchel’s arrival at Chelsea so far has been Callum Hudson-Odoi who has finally been given a run of starting in the team, albeit not in the way many expected. Even towards the end of Lampard’s tenure, there were time when Hudson-Odoi was the best Chelsea player but he was never given the opportunity to build momentum, finding himself back on the bench or even out of the team at times. But Tuchel has seen Hudson-Odoi has his right-wing-back option, and the Englishman has been excellent, creating more chances (six) and putting in more crosses (15) than any other Blues player while only Mateo Kovacic (five) has made more tackles than his four. This will be his biggest test so far though.
Premier League 2020/21 recent form:
- Tottenham: LLWDW
- Chelsea: WDLWL
More live stream options: