Cristian Stellini will likely have to lean on back-up goalkeeper Fraser Forster when he takes charge of his Tottenham side for the first time since being installed as interim manager at Everton on Monday night.
Tottenham Team News
It’s been a tumultuous couple of weeks at Tottenham, with outbursts, rants and ultimately, a sacking. And with the end of Antonio Conte’s reign at the club, comes a challenge for interim boss, Stellini, as he looks to make his mark on the Spurs squad. He’ll have to do so with a depleted squad, however, with six players ruled out through injury. Ben Davies, Yves Bissouma, Ryan Sessegnon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Emerson Royal and Richarlison will all be sidelined for the match against Everton.
The likelihood is that Hugo Lloris won’t be back for this match too, with the French goalkeeper missing through injury since early February. Whilst he is nearing a return, the trip to Goodison Park is likely to be a game too soon, with Forster continuing to deputise in his absence. There are also doubts over Ivan Perisic, leaving the side lacking much depth, if any, at wing back.
Stellini was able to provide a general update on injuries at the club at a planned press conference on Friday.
“Hugo Lloris has been training since last week.
“He’s been training with the team but we didn’t have more of the team until Wednesday.
“Emerson [Royal], had the surgery and Yves Bissouma is not ready to play.
“Bentancur is out for the season and Richarlison is with problems.
“Ben Davies and Sessegnon are pushing to recover. They are not ready but they are pushing to recover as soon as possible.”
Tottenham Predicted Lineup
Tottenham Predicted XI (3-4-3): Fraser Forster, Cristian Romero, Eric Dier, Clement Lenglet, Japhet Tanganga, Oliver Skipp, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Pedro Porro, Dejan Kulusevski, Harry Kane, Son Heung-min
Betfair welcome offer: Bet £5 get £20 in free bets
- Follow THIS LINK (or click the image below) to set up an account using the code ZBHC01.
- Place a £5 Sportsbook bet.
- Get £20 in Free Bets.
New Customer offer. Place a min £5 bet on the Sportsbook on odds of min 1/2 (1.5), get £20 in Free Bets. Rewards valid for 30 days. SMS verification required. Only deposits via cards will qualify. T&Cs apply. Please Gamble Responsibly
Tottenham injury list
- Emerson Royal (Knee) Ruled Out – Out for the season
- Ben Davies (Thigh) Ruled Out – Potential Return End of April
- Yves Bissouma (Ankle) Ruled Out – Potential Return End of April
- Ryan Sessegnon (Thigh) 25% – Potential Return Early April
- Rodrigo Bentancur (Knee) Ruled Out – Out for the season
- Richarlison (Muscular) 25% – Potential Return Early April
- Hugo Lloris (Knee) 50% – Potential Return Early April
- Ivan Perisic (Calf) 50% – Potential Return Early April