League leaders Sporting will look to extend their unbeaten record when they welcome Braga to the Estadio Jose Alvalade on Saturday (6pm kick-off UK time).
Sporting have made a near-perfect start to the Portuguese league campaign, winning nine and drawing two of their 11 games to hold a two-point lead over rivals Benfica, while Braga sit fourth, having won eight and lost three of their fixtures.
Where to watch Sporting vs Braga on TV:
- UK: LiveScore App
- US: GOLTV
How to live stream Sporting vs Braga online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Sporting vs Braga live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (16:00, 31/12/2020).
Scoreline prediction: Sporting 2-1 Braga
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Sporting vs Braga build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Sporting come into their first game of 2021 in fine form, having won their final two matches of 2020, against Belenenses and Farense to top the table at the turn of the year. Ruben Amorim’s side have scored 26 goals and conceded a league-low eight in 11 matches so far.
Braga won’t be short of confidence, however. The side from the north of Portugal have scored seven times in their last two matches – comfortable wins over Boavista and Rio Ave.
- Sporting (vs Belenenses): Adan; Neto, Coates, Inacio; Porro, Palhinha, Mario, Mendes; Tabata, Goncalves; Tomas.
- Braga (vs Boavista): Matheus; Rolando, Silva, Sequeira; Esgaio, Elmusrati, Novais, Medeiros; Horta, Fransergio; Paulinho.
Andraz Sporar is pushing for a starting place for Sporting, after coming off the bench in the last game. Nuno Santos could also be rotated into the side by Amorim. Zouhair Feddal, Nuno Mendes and Jovane Cabral are all doubts.
Wenderson Galeno is out for Carlos Carvalhal’s side, joining Rui Fonte and Francisco Moura on the sidelines. David Carmo, Andre Castro, Vitor Tormena and Bruno Viana are also missing, while Nuno Sequeira is a doubt.
Players to watch:
- Sporting: There can only be one pick for Sporting. Pedro Goncalves has stepped in to fill the huge boots of Bruno Fernandes, following the playmaker’s move to Manchester United in January. The 22-year-old, who is also known as Pote, has already contributed 10 goals and one assist in just 10 league appearances this season – and that’s without netting in either of his last two outings. When he’s hot, he’s hot – Goncalves has scored four braces already in the league – so Braga will have to be aware.
- Braga: The visitors come into this game on the back of eight wins in their last nine league games and full of confidence after netting four at Boavista last time out. Ricardo Horta scored twice in that match to take his league tally to four, with two assists, and make him Braga’s top scorer. The versatile 26-year-old is bang in form, with four goals and an assist in his last three games across all competitions, so is the one to watch for the away team.
Primeira Liga 2020/21 recent form:
- Sporting: WWDWW
- Braga: WWLWW
More live stream options: