Liverpool seek a return to winning ways when they travel to Southampton in the Premier League on Monday at 8pm (UK time).
The Reds’ lead at the top of the table has been slashed to goal difference after consecutive draws with West Brom (1-1) and Newcastle United (0-0). Southampton, meanwhile, are ninth, just three points adrift of the Champions League spots.
Where to watch Southampton vs Liverpool on TV:
- UK: Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Premier League
- US: NBCSN
How to live stream Southampton vs Liverpool online:
US ONLY: Fubo* will be streaming Southampton vs Liverpool live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Southampton vs Liverpool betting offer
888sport are offering new customers (who are over 18 and Be Gamble Aware) enhanced odds on either team to win the Premier League’s 20:00 kick-off. Southampton may be backed to win at 33/1, Liverpool at 7/1. If either bet interests you, follow the steps below:
- Visit 888sport to set up an account via this link
- Make a £10 deposit while using the promo code 888ODDS
- Bet up to £5 on either team to win at the normal, unenhanced odds
- Any extra winnings will be paid out in FREE BETS
New customers only • Max Bet £5 • £10 deposit using promo code • Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply
Scoreline prediction: Southampton 1-2 Liverpool
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Southampton vs Liverpool build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
After kicking off the 2020/21 season with two defeats, there may have been fears in the Southampton camp of a relegation battle. However, Ralph Hasenhuttl has continued to work his magic on this side, with the Saints pushing themselves right into contention for European qualification. That said, Southampton are winless in their last four matches, taking just three points and scoring one solitary goal during that time.
Liverpool, meanwhile, are looking to overturn a two-game winless run themselves after disappointing draws with West Brom and Newcastle — not exactly how Jurgen Klopp expected his side to follow up a 7-0 thrashing of Crystal Palace in mid-December. The Reds are racked with injury problems but with Man Utd drawing level on 33 points at the top of the table, there’s no margin for further error here.
- Southampton (vs West Ham): McCarthy*; Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Stephens, Bertrand; Walcott, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Djenepo; Ings, Adams.
- Liverpool (vs Newcastle): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Fabinho, Robertson; Jones, Henderson, Milner*; Salah, Firmino, Mane.
Jannik Vestergaard remains sidelined, while Nathan Redmond is unlikely to feature for Southampton. Alex McCarthy, who has tested positive for Covid, will likely be replaced by Fraser Forster.
Klopp is juggling a number of injury problems, with centre-backs Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip all still on the treatment table. Diogo Jota, Naby Keita and Konstantinos Tsimikas are all unavailable.
Players to watch:
- Southampton: With Saints failing to score in their last three games, it’s absolutely paramount Danny Ings gets back among the goals to stop their season fading into insignificance. The England international is undoubtedly Southampton’s chief attacking threat with six goals so far this season, while only James Ward-Prowse (4) has more assists (3). Ings has failed to register a goal or assist in his last three appearances but did enjoy a run of three goals and three assists in five appearances prior to that. Furthermore, the 28-year-old also scored Southampton’s only goal in a 2-1 defeat to Liverpool in this fixture last season.
- Liverpool: After missing two big chances against Newcastle and firing a blank against West Brom, Mohamed Salah will be keen for a return to the sort of form which saw him net twice in the last 10 minutes of Liverpool’s emphatic 7-0 win over Crystal Palace. Even with his two-game drought, Salah remains the Premier League’s top scorer with 13 goals, seven more than his closest teammate, Sadio Mane. The omens in this one are good, with Salah winning each of his six Premier League meetings against Southampton, notching seven goals and one assist along the way.
Premier League 2020/21 recent form:
- Southampton: DDLDW
- Liverpool: DDWWD
More live stream options: