Shakhtar Donetsk welcome Inter Milan to the Metalist Stadium on Tuesday at 5:55pm looking to pull off back-to-back giantkillings in the Champions League.
Luis Castro traveled to the Spanish capital last week with a depleted squad, but he masterminded a quite brilliant 3-2 win over Real Madrid in the unfamiliar surroundings of an empty Alfredo Di Stefano training ground.
Despite taking on the 13-time European Cup winners without 13 first-team members, Shakhtar pulled off an historic win in Group B, thanks to goals from Tete and Manor Solomon either side of a Raphael Varane own goal.
Proceedings weren’t quite as eventful in the other Group B meeting, but a four-goal spectacle offered another thrilling encounter as Inter Milan and Borussia Monchengladbach played out a 2-2 stalemate, with a 90th-minute Romelu Lukaku equaliser snatching a last-gasp point for the Italians.
This will be the fourth meeting between Inter and Shakhtar, with the latter yet to taste victory, while the Nerazzurri have never lost against Ukrainian opposition in any European competition. However, this season has rarely stuck to script and Shakhtar will be confident of pulling off another upset.
Where to watch Shakhtar Donetsk vs Inter Milan on TV:
- UK: BT Sport ESPN
- US: CBS All Access
Where to live stream Shakhtar Donetsk vs Inter Milan:
US ONLY: Fubo* will be streaming Shakhtar Donetsk vs Inter Milan live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Shakhtar Donetsk & Inter Milan’s previous line-ups:
- Shakhtar Donetsk (vs Vorskla): Trubin; Dodo, Bondar, Khocholava, Korniyenko; Antonio, Maycon, Marlos, Solomon, Tete; Dentinho.
- Inter Milan (vs Genoa): Handanovic; D’Ambrosio, Ranocchia, Bastoni; Darmian, Brozovic, Vidal, Perisic; Eriksen, Martinez, Lukaku.
The hosts will be without Ismaily, Yevhen Konoplyanka, Serhiy Kryvtsov, Viktor Kovalenko and Junior Moraes, while Inter travel to Ukraine without Matias Vecino, Milan Skriniar and Roberto Gagliardini.
CLICK HERE to claim 888 Sport’s new customer offer • 18+ only • £10 deposit using promo code CL40 • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Shakhtar Donetsk: Tete opened the first-half floodgates in Madrid last week, with the 20-year-old Brazilian striking a composed left-footed finish past Thibaut Courtois to make it 1-0. From there the Miners went to work and were three up by the interval. That strike from Tete ensured he has now been been directly involved in three goals in four Champions League games for the club (two goals, one assist), more than any other Shakhtar player since his debut in November last year. A precocious midfielder, Inter will be wary of the threat Tete poses, but he will be looking to produce similar heroics on home soil against another European heavyweight.
- Inter Milan: Romelu Lukaku just can’t seem to put a foot wrong this season, with the Belgian currently on a run of scoring in seven of his last eight games for club and country. For Inter, he has seven in six already this term, including a brace last week to secure a much-needed point in what is shaping up to be a very tough Group B. Indeed Lukaku has hit his stride in Europe since trading Old Trafford for the San Siro. He has netted in nine successive games for the club in continental football, and has been directly involved in 15 goals during that timeframe (11 goals, four assists). Should he net against Shakhtar, then he will join Christian Vieri, Hernan Crespo, Samuel Eto’o and Lautaro Martinez as one of only five players to net in four consecutive Champions League matches for the club.