Real Madrid skipper Sergio Ramos has ranked wantaway PSG forward Neymar among the top three players in world football.
The Brazilian superstar is widely reported to be seeking to engineer a move back to La Liga this summer, with Real and Barcelona both credited with interest.
Could Neymar join Real Madrid? Five things to know…
- The Neymar to La Liga transfer story has been one of the summer’s longest ongoing sagas.
- It is widely believed that the Brazilian wants to return to Barca, and has dropped multiple hints throughout the summer.
- PSG sporting director Leonardo has already stated that Neymar can leave the club, but only for the right price.
- According to AS, Neymar will once again be absent from PSG’s playing squad against Toulouse on Sunday night.
- Ramos has now fanned the flames further by placing Neymar in his top three best players.
Multiple reports indicate that both clubs are currently in discussions with the Parisians as the European market edges ever closer to slamming shut.
Zinedine Zidane has already spent circa £300m on rebuilding his squad, so it seems almost unfathomable that the Brazilian will be added to that star-studded galactico list, though that hasn’t prevented Ramos from talking up the linked phenom.
“Neymar is a top player, among the top three in the world,” Ramos told reporters.
The Spaniard did, however, go on to cool speculation, adding: “Talking about signings is a lack of respect for this great team.
“These things are always talked about at Real Madrid and even more so when the transfer window is open.
“Players must be cold with these things.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“We’re going to move forward with those that we have”
Los Blancos have recruited no fewer than six players this summer (Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Eder Militao, Ferland Mendy, Rodrygo Goes and Takefusa Kubo), while also retaining the services of Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez.
Ramos believes that the new additions, coupled with keeping Bale and Rodriguez on the books will be enough to push the club forward.
He added: “We’re going to move forward with those that we have. We all need to be connected.
“Reactivating players like [Gareth] Bale or James [Rodriguez] is another solution.”
Real played out a 1-1 draw against Real Valladolid on Saturday and face Villarreal in their next La Liga match.