Schalke welcome fellow Bundesliga strugglers Arminia Bielefeld to the Veltins-Arena on Saturday (2:30pm kick-off UK time) hoping to break their winless streak.
Schalke XI: Fährmann; Stambouli, Kabak, Sané, Mendyl; Serdar, Mascarell; Boujellab, Schöpf, Oczipka; Raman.
Arminia Bielefeld XI: Ortega Moreno; Brunner, Van der Hoorn, Pieper, De Medina; Doan, Hartel, Prietl, Córdova; Klos, Gebauer.
Where to watch Schalke vs Arminia Bielefeld on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Schalke vs Arminia Bielefeld:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Schalke vs Arminia Bielefeld live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (18:00 on 18/12/2020)
Scoreline prediction: Schalke 1-1 Arminia Bielefeld
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Schalke vs Arminia Bielefeld build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
The hosts have failed to win any of their opening 12 league games and sit bottom of the Bundesliga with four points, while Arminia haven’t fared much better, picking up seven points.
Schalke fans will hope this game is finally the chance for their side to break their duck. The Royal Blues are without a win in 28 Bundesliga games and are approaching Tasmania Berlin’s historic record of 31 straight games without a victory from the 1965/66 season.
If there is any team Schalke could beat, it’s Arminia, who have lost nine of their last 10 league games.
This truly is a meeting of two of the worst, most out-of-form teams in European football. Surely something has got to give?
- Schalke (vs Freiburg): Fährmann; Stambouli, Kabak, Sane, Oczipka; Serdar, Mascarell; Matondo, Harit, Raman; Boujellab.
- Arminia Bielefeld (vs Augsburg): Ortega; Brunner, Van der Hoorn, Nilsson, De Medina; Doan, Hartel, Kunze, Cordova; Klos, Schipplock.
Goncalo Paciencia, Salif Sane and Mark Uth are all injured for Schalke, while Ahmed Kutucu is also out. Nabil Bentaleb has not played since a training ground bust-up with assistant manager Naldo last month, but Amine Harit, who was also involved, returned to the team in the 2-0 defeat by Freiburg on Wednesday.
Arminia will be without Arne Maier, who has an ankle injury, but have a clean bill of health otherwise.
Players to watch:
- Schalke: Goals have been hard to come by for Schalke this season, with just eight scored in 12 league games so far, but Benito Raman appears to be their best route to scoring more. The 26-year-old forward scored against Augsburg on Sunday as Manuel Baum’s side appeared set to break their awful run of form, only for the 10-man opponents to net a 93rd-minute equaliser. Raman has three goals in his last seven games in all competitions and will be motivated to get another against Arminia.
- Arminia Bielefeld: It’s been a difficult start to the season for Arminia, but there has been one bright spark. Ritsu Doan has shown flashes of brilliance from midfield, scoring twice and attempting 18 shots in 12 league games so far. The 22-year-old Japanese international midfielder is on loan from PSV Eindhoven and is gaining valuable experience fighting at the wrong end of the Bundesliga table. Schalke have conceded a whopping 35 goals in 12 games so far so Doan should be confident of adding to his tally.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Schalke: LLLDL
- Arminia Bielefeld: LLWLL
More live stream options: