Juventus can take another step closer to a record 36th Serie A title when they travel to Sassuolo on Wednesday evening (20:45).
The Neapolitan missed out on the chance to clinch a Coppa Italia when his side came up short against his former employers Napoli last month, but the Old Lady are currently eight points clear at the summit of Serie A.
Juve can extend their unbeaten run to 10 matches in midweek, but standing in the way of those prospects are Sassuolo, who currently sit eighth in the table and remain just six points behind sixth-placed Napoli.
The Black and Greens have an outside chance of finishing in a Europa League qualification place this term, and face their challengers AC Milan and Napoli in the ensuing games so will want to enter those contests still in the mix, and that means clinching a result against Juve.
Where to watch Sassuolo vs Juventus on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Sassuolo vs Juventus:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Sassuolo vs Juventus live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13/07/20, 11:00)
Sassuolo & Juventus’s previous line-ups:
- Sassuolo (vs Lazio): Consigli; Toljan, Marlon, Ferrari, Kyriakopoulos; Bourabia, Locatelli, Duricic, Traore, Boga; Raspadori.
- Juventus (vs Atalanta): Szczesny; Cuadrado, De Ligt, Bonucci, Danilo; Bentancur, Rabiot, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Ronaldo, Dybala.
Gregoire Defrel and Filippo Romagna remain sidelined for Roberto De Zerbi, while former West Ham midfielder Pedro Obiang faces a late fitness test and could make the bench.
Sarri will have to shuffle the pack defensively after Juan Cuadrado picked up a booking in the 2-2 draw with Atalanta, meaning he is suspended for this match. Long-term absentee Merih Demiral recently returned to training but it may be too soon for the young defender to make the matchday squad. Elsewhere Mattia De Sciglio and Sami Khedira remain out.
Players to watch:
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored his first free-kick for Juventus in a competitive game for the club.
The long, long wait is over. pic.twitter.com/hAh6hA7rY0
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) July 4, 2020
- Sassuolo: The Black and Greens have been in exceptional form since the return of football in Italy, with De Zerbi’s side losing just one game in seven, which came at the hands of high-flying Atalanta. In that time Sassuolo have scored three+ goals in four successive matches, including against Inter Milan, and won the last four matches, with Lazio the latest scalp in their collection. The talismanic force behind those triumphs is of course vice-captain Domenico Berardi. The mesmeric forward is having another outstanding campaign, scoring 12 goals while registering six assists, and also creating more chances (50) than any of his teammates in Serie A. He is yet to score in seven against Juve, but will certainly fancy his chances with the forms he is in on Wednesday.
- Juventus: From one high-flying forward to another, Cristiano Ronaldo continues to defy all reason and logic by scoring at a rate of one goal per game, and all this at the age of 35. The trailblazing Portuguese has found the back of the net 28 times this season in 28 Serie A games, and looks destined to add another Serie A title to his illustrious trophy cabinet. He was pipped to the Capocannoniere post in his maiden campaign last time out by veteran forward Fabio Quagliarella, but will be hopeful of leapfrogging Ciro Immobile (29) in Serie A’s Golden Boot race with eight games remaining.
Click HERE to access Sky Bet’s new customer offer. Term & Conditions: 18 + only. First single & E/W bet only. Odds of 1/1 or greater. 2 x £10 bet tokens. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Free Bets are non withdrawable. No free bet expiry. Eligibility restrictions. Further T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org.
Scoreline prediction: Sassuolo 1-3 Juventus
Serie A 2019/20 recent form:
- Sassuolo: WWWWD
- Juventus: DLWWW