Atalanta will look to continue their ascent to Champions League qualification when they travel to Sampdoria on Sunday at 11:30am (UK time).
Gian Piero Gasperini’s side currently sit fifth in Serie A, just a point behind Roma in the final Champions League spot, while Sampdoria are tucked safely away in 10th.
How to live stream Sampdoria vs Atalanta online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Sampdoria vs Atalanta live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:30, 26/02/2021).
Where to watch Sampdoria vs Atalanta on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN2
Scoreline prediction: Sampdoria 1-3 Atalanta
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Sampdoria vs Atalanta build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Given that they’ve won back-to-back Serie A games on just two occasions since October, it’s no surprise to see Sampdoria hidden away in mid-table obscurity. Claudio Ranieri’s men have won just one of their last four league outings, losing twice and drawing once during that time, in a run that has seen them drift 13 points behind Lazio in the Europa League playoff spot. European football is off the cards for next season, but Sampdoria are a massive 15 points clear of the relegation zone and can enjoy their football between now and the end of the campaign, with little need to look over their shoulders.
While Sampdoria have few tangible rewards to play for, everything is very much still on the line for Atalanta. The Goddess are still only 10 points behind Serie A leaders Inter but, more importantly, just a single point now separates them from Roma in fourth thanks to a run of only one defeat in their last 14 league matches. Roma take on second-placed AC Milan this weekend, so if Atalanta can quickly recover from their mid-week Champions League loss to Real Madrid, they might well find themselves in the top-four at the end of play.
- Sampdoria (vs Lazio): Audero; Ferrari, Yoshida, Colley; Candreva, Silva*, Ekdal, Augello; Ramirez; Quagliarella, Balde.
- Atalanta (vs Real Madrid): Gollini; Toloi, Romero, Djimsiti*; Maehle, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Pessina; Zapata*, Muriel.
Adrien Silva is suspended for this weekend’s game, but Mikkel Daamsgaard is in contention to start up front for the hosts. Atalanta also have suspension to deal with in the form of Berat Djimsiti, while Duvan Zapata and Hans Hateboer are both injured.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Sampdoria: As always, Atalanta are likely to throw bodies forward in attack, which could see Sampdoria camped inside their own box for large stretches of Sunday’s match. With that in mind, it’s critical they make the most of those forays into the attacking third, and set-piece delivery will be a key part of that. With five assists, two apiece from crosses and corners, Antonio Candreva will be under serious pressure to provide a creative outlet for Ranieri’s side. The 33-year-old ended a run of eight games without an assist when he set up Fabio Quagliarella’s winner against Fiorentina in mid-February, while he’s also netted three goals since the turn of the year, so he’ll at least head into this tough match-up in form.
- Atalanta: With Zapata, who has nine Serie A goals to his name this season, sidelined for this match, the role of top scorer Luis Muriel will be that much bigger on Sunday. Despite starting just eight games, the Colombia international has netted an impressive 14 goals this season, while he has put up three goals and two assists in his last three Serie A outings. Muriel has only played four games against Sampdoria during his career so far, but he remains unbeaten against I Blucerchiati, scoring four goals along the way. With that in mind, the omens are good that he’ll be a deciding factor again on Sunday.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Sampdoria: LWDLW
- Atalanta: WWDLW
More live stream options: