Bayern Munich continue their quest to reclaim the Champions League crown when they travel to Red Bull Salzburg on Tuesday at 8pm.
Red Bull Salzburg XI: Stankovic; Kristensen, Silva, Woeber, Ulmer; Camara, Junuzovic, Berisha, Mwepu, Szoboszlai; Koita.
Bayern Munich XI: Neuer; Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Hernandez; Kimmich, Tolisso, Muller, Gnabry, Coman; Lewandowski.
Where to watch Salzburg vs Bayern on TV:
- UK: BT Sport Extra 2
- US: CBS All Access
Where to live stream Salzburg vs Bayern:
US ONLY: Fubo* will be streaming Red Bull Salzburg vs Bayern Munich live for account holders. Those without a Fubo account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- Click ‘Start Your Free Trial’ and enter your details.
- Log in and pick your desired channel to watch.
*Geo restrictions apply. Fubo is currently available in the United States, Canada and Spain. Packages and pricing differ per country.
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Salzburg vs Bayern build-up, pre-match team news & previous line-ups:
Hansi Flick’s side have started the group stage in perfect fashion, beating Atletico Madrid 4-0 in their opening game before a slightly harder-fought 2-1 victory over Lokomotiv Moscow.
Bayern continued their winning streak in the Bundesliga at the weekend as well, beating Koln 2-1 to go top of the league.
While Bayern lead Group A, Salzburg currently occupy bottom spot, with one point from their opening two games. That point came from their 2-2 draw against Lokomotiv Moscow, but Atletico Madrid bounced back from their defeat to Bayern with a 3-2 win over Salzburg last week.
But, like Bayern, Salzburg lead their domestic league, winning all six of their Austrian Bundesliga games so far, including a routine weekend victory over WSG Wattens.
This is the first time the two sides have met but Salzburg have history against German opposition, currently on a six-game unbeaten run at home.
- Salzburg (vs WSG Wattens): Coronel; Vallci, Onguene, Solet, Farkas; Ashimeru, Junuzovic, Okafor, Szoboszlai; Okugawa, Adeyemi.
- Bayern (vs FC Koln): Neuer; Pavard, Boateng, Sule*, Sarr; Kimmich, Martinez; Sane, Muller, Gnabry; Choupo-Moting.
Robert Lewandowski missed Bayern’s win over Koln but it was reportedly only due to a rest, and not injury, so the Polish striker should return this week. Corentin Tolisso can also return, missing the weekend game through suspension. Alphonso Davies, Leon Goretzka and Niklas Sule have not travelled with the squad.
Salzburg are without Patson Daka and Maximilian Wober, both of whom picked up injuries against Atletico Madrid last week.
Players to watch:
- Salzburg: The Red Bulls are once again an exciting team to watch in the Champions League and, this season, Dominik Szoboszlai is the one filling his boots. The Hungarian has scored in all of Salzburg’s games so far, a total of four if you include their qualifying matches too. Each of those games have brought one goal for the midfielder, who has been providing the goalscoring threat from deep, filling in for Erling Haaland and Hwang Hee-Chan who got the goals last season. With a goal in each his first two group stage games, Szoboszlai could become the first ever Hungarian player to score in three consecutive Champions League matches.
- Bayern: With Robert Lewandowski kept on ice for the trip to Koln, Bayern needed the rest of their squad to step up and Serge Gnabry was one of those who got among the goals. The German doubled Bayern’s lead just before half-time to end his mini drought having failed to score since the opening game of the season. Gnabry, one of the stars of Bayern’s Champions League win last season, has played just 45 minute in this campaign coming on as a substitute against Lokomotiv Moscow. It was a fairly quiet appearance with just one shot and one chance created, so Gnabry will want to get up and running quickly.
Scoreline prediction: Salzburg 1-3 Bayern
CLICK HERE to claim 888 Sport’s new customer offer • 18+ only • £10 deposit using promo code CL40 • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.