Roma will be looking to keep hold of their place in Serie A’s top four when they host Hellas Verona on Sunday night (7:45pm kick-off UK time).
Paulo Fonseca’s men went into the weekend in fourth but could have dropped out of the Champions League places by kick-off, due to their rivals playing before them.
Where to watch Roma vs Verona on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: ESPN+
How to live stream Roma vs Verona online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Roma vs Verona live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (18:00, 30/01/21).
Scoreline prediction: Roma 1-2 Verona
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Roma vs Verona build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It has been a rocky few weeks for Roma, particularly off the field as Paulo Fonseca’s future was thrown into doubt before a falling out with Edin Dzeko saw Portuguese manager backed by his club. It came following Roma’s Coppa Italia exit to Spezia, with reports of a confrontation, and while Dzeko was injured last weekend he was not allowed to train with the team following his return.
On the pitch, Roma avenged their cup defeat to Spezia by beating the same side 4-3 in the league last weekend, also bringing an end to their three-game winless run across all competitions. Roma go into this game in good home form against Verona, unbeaten in the past 23 Serie A matches.
But Verona have proven themselves to be a tricky team to face when away from home of late, with three wins in their past six Serie A matches on the road, as many as they had achieved in their previous 30. Although they sit in eighth, Verona will still feel they have a chance to break into the top four, just seven points behind Roma – and a gap they could cut to three with a win this weekend.
And their 3-0 win over Roma at the start of the season may still be used as motivation for Sunday, proof that they are capable of beating the capital club and pulling themselves into the Champions League race.
- Roma (vs Spezia): Lopez; Kumbulla, Ibanez, Smalling; Karsdorp, Villar, Veretout, Spinazzola; Perez, Pellegrini; Mayoral.
- Verona (vs Napoli): Silvestri; Dimarco, Gunter, Dawidowicz; Faraoni, Ilic, Tameze, Lazovic; Barak, Zaccagni; Kalinic.
Roma have no fresh injury concerns with only Nicolo Zaniolo and Pedro out, while Edin Dzeko is expected to be left out of the squad.
Meanwhile Spezia are without the injured Stefano Sturaro, Marco Benassi, Miguel Veloso and Ronaldo Vieira, with Giangiacomo Magnani also missing through suspension.
18+ only. UK residents only. All winnings are credited in cash and can be withdrawn. Deposit £20 to £100 to receive free bets matching deposit. Free bets credited as four equal free bets. The qualifying bet must have odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater. The qualifying period runs for 7 days from the date of registration. Standard BetBull General Promotions Rules Apply. Standard BetBull Terms & Conditions Apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Roma: There’s no denying that Roma’s signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan on a free transfer from Arsenal was one of the deals of the summer. The Armenian hadn’t had the greatest of first seasons at Roma, initially on loan from Arsenal, but that was largely due to injury and clearly the Italians had seen enough to want him permanently. It’s a move that has paid off with Mkhitaryan scoring eight goals and recording eight assists, one of just two midfielders to have at least five of each in Serie A this season.
- Verona: The other midfielder to have at least five goals and five assists in Serie A this season is Mattia Zaccagni, and Verona will be hoping he can influence play this weekend. The 25-year-old Italian midfielder has recorded five of each, and hit the achievement last week in Verona’s 3-1 win over Napoli in a crucial performance. First he set up Antonin Barak to help Verona take the lead after going a goal down before scoring the third and securing all three points.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Roma: WLDWW
- Verona: WLWDW
More live stream options: