Roma will look to keep their dwindling European hopes alive when they travel to Sampdoria in Serie A on Sunday at 7.45pm (UK time).
Seventh-placed Roma are just a place below city rivals Lazio in Serie A’s Europa Conference League place, but nine points separates the two sides, so the Giallorossi will need to make sure further points don’t fall by the wayside if they are to close the gap.
How to live stream Sampdoria vs Roma online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Sampdoria vs Roma live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:00, 02/05/21).
Where to watch Sampdoria vs Roma on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Sampdoria 1-2 Roma
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Sampdoria vs Roma build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It’s been an improved season for Sampdoria, who finished 15th last term but can consolidate their position in the top half of the table with a result this weekend, and for Roman Claudio Ranieri there is an added incentive to get one over on his former club, whom he both played for and managed.
For the capital club they have all but exited the Europa League after suffering a 6-2 reversal at the hands of Manchester United in the first leg of their semi-final showdown, meaning they will now be scrapping for their lives trying to gain parity with Lazio and mount a late surge for sixth to ensure they’re playing continental football next term.
- Sampdoria (vs Sassuolo): Audero; Bereszynski, Yoshida, Colley, Augello; Candreva, Thorsby, Damsgaard, Jankto; Balde, Gabbiadini.
- Roma (vs Man Utd): Lopez*; Smalling, Cristante, Ibanez; Karsdorp; Veretout*, Diawara, Spinazzola*; Pellegrini, Mkhitaryan, Dzeko.
The injuries have been totting up for Roma in recent weeks. Pau Lopez went off injured at Old Trafford and was replaced by Antonio Mirante, who is expected to deputise in his absence once again. Jordan Veretout and Leonardo Spinazzola are also expected to miss out here, joining Pedro, Riccardo Calafiori, Stephan El Shaarawy and Nicolo Zaniolo on the sidelines.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Sampdoria: Having missed the start of the season with a hernia injury, Manolo Gabbiadini has returned with a vengeance and is beginning to find form once again. In fact, since the start of March, no Sampdoria player has been involved in more goals than Gabbiadini in Serie A (two goals, two assists). With Roma nursing one or two defensive injuries, and their main shot-stopper currently out of action, Gabbiadini will be licking his lips at the prospect of lining up against a Giallorossi side who just conceded six goals last time out and are struggling for form domestically.
- Roma: Aiming to prevent Gabbiadini hitting the onion bag and looking to tighten things up at the back for Roma will be Roger Ibanez. The Atalanta loanee has been a sensational force in defence for the capital club since trading Bergamo for Rome, registering more tackles than any of his teammates in Serie A this term (57), more clearances (73) and possessions won in the defensive third (105). The Brazilian has been ferocious in the air as well, outranking any Roma player for headed clearances (36), and coming in at second only behind Edin Dzeko (65) for aerial duels won (62), illuminating his elite ability both on and off the ball.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Sampdoria: LWWLD
- Roma: LDLWD
More live stream options: