Roma can continue their impressive start to the 2020/21 Serie A season when they host Parma on Sunday (2pm kick-off).
Paulo Foncesca’s side go into the weekend in fourth place, having won four of their opening seven games, and are just three points behind early leaders AC Milan having initially started the campaign in defeat to Verona.
Since the start of October, Roma have picked up 13 points from a possible 15, the best record in Serie A with only AC Milan holding them to a draw.
It has been an almost contrasting season for their visitors, Parma, who are down in 15th with just one win in seven and a solitary point above the relegation zone. And they have a bad record against Roma, losing 32 of the 52 Serie A matches between the sides.
But Roma will have to be wary of the Parma attack, as they have scored in 13 consecutive Serie A away games.
Where to watch Roma vs Parma on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Roma vs Parma:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Roma vs Parma live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (13:20, 21/11/20).
Roma & Parma’s previous line-ups:
- Roma (vs Genoa): Lopez; Mancini, Ibanez, Smalling; Karsdorp, Pellegrini*, Veretout, Spinazzola; Mkhitaryan, Pedro; Mayoral.
- Parma (vs Fiorentina): Sepe; Gagliolo, Alves, Osorio; Grassi, Kurtic, Kucka, Hernani, Pezzella; Gervinho, Inglese.
Lorenzo Pellegrini had to sit out of the international break due to COVID-19 and although he has now tested negative, Sunday may be too soon for the midfielder. Roma are also without Edin Dzeko, Nicolo Zaniolo, Javier Pastore, Davide Santon and Amadou Diawara. Andreas Cornelius and Vincent Iaurini are out for Parma.
Players to watch:
- Roma: In the absence of Dzeko, Henrikh Mkhitaryan has more than stepped up, justifying Roma’s decision to sign him permanently from Arsenal over the summer. Playing in a slightly more central role recently, the Armenian scored a hat-trick in Roma’s 3-1 win over Genoa before the international break, opening his account for the season. Although they were his first three goals, the Armenian had previously been dangerous in creating, with four assists in his opening six games. Seven goal involvements in his first seven games is a record for Mkhitaryan in one of Europe’s top five leagues, and is already halfway to the tally he reached last season.
- Parma: Juraj Kucka. Parma are in good goalscoring form away from home, and if they are to continue it this weekend, they may hope Kucka adds another goal against Roma to his tally. The Slovakian midfielder has scored four goals against Roma in Serie A, his favourite opponent in the competition. He has also already got off the mark for the campaign, netting in Parma’s 2-2 draw with Spezia, the start of their three-match unbeaten run (three draws). Although his work may be more defensive this weekend, don’t count against Kucka getting involved in the scoring.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Roma: WWDWW
- Parma: WLDDD
Scoreline prediction: Roma 3-1 Parma
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)