Roma will look to get their season back on track when they host Serie A leaders Napoli on Sunday at 5pm (UK time).
After a strong start, Jose Mourinho’s side are faltering somewhat, losing four of their last seven games across all competitions — including that humiliating 6-1 Europa Conference League thrashing to Bodo/Glimt. They’ll find it anything but simple against Napoli, who are top of the table with a perfect record after eight games.
How to live stream Roma vs Napoli online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Roma vs Napoli live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (10:45, 23/10/21).
Where to watch Roma vs Napoli on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 2
- US: Paramount+
Roma vs Napoli previous line-ups & injury news:
- Roma (vs Bodo/Glimt): Patricio; Reynolds, Ibanez, Kumbulla, Calafiori; Darboe, Diawara; Perez, Villar, Faraone; Mayoral.
- Napoli (vs Legia Warsaw): Meret; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Juan; Anguissa, Demme; Elmas; Lozano, Mertens, Insigne.
“I’m the one who decided to play with the team we use tonight, so it’s my responsibility,” Mourinho said following his side’s Conference League thrashing on Thursday, adding: “I did it with good intentions and to give opportunities to those who work hard and also give a rest to some guys. Tonight we lost against a team with more quality, it’s as simple as that. If I could use the same players every match I would. It’s risky because there’s a huge gulf between our first choice and second choice players. I expected better, but it’s my responsibility.”
With that in mind, expect wholesale changes to Roma’s starting XI, though Chris Smalling and Leonardo Spinazzola are both injured.
Napoli, meanwhile, remain without Adam Ounas and Kevin Malcuit, while Kostas Manolas picked up a muscle injury against Legia Warsaw and will miss this clash against his former club. Piotr Zielinski is nearing a return to full fitness but remains doubtful here.
Roma vs Napoli: Five key stats…
- Roma have won each of their last six Serie A home games: the Giallorossi have not gone on a longer run since a streak of 15 that ended in February 2017.
- Napoli have won their last eight Serie A away games, only doing better in 2017, with their own record streak of nine straight away wins.
- Among the forwards of the seven Italian sides that play in European competitions in 2021/22, Tammy Abraham has played the most minutes in Serie A (688).
- Since the international Break in September, only Karim Benzema (seven) and Erling Haaland (six) have scored more goals than Napoli’s Victor Osimhen (five) in the ‘Big Five’ European leagues.
- There hasn’t been a draw in the last nine meetings between Roma and Napoli at the Giallorossi’s home in Serie A: from 2013 onwards, there have been five home wins and four away wins.
More live stream options: