AS Roma will be looking to strengthen their position in the Serie A top six when they welcome Fiorentina to the capital on Sunday evening.
Paulo Fonseca’s side currently sit fifth but Napoli are clinging to their coattails in seventh by just five points with three games remaining.
For Fiorentina they can relax in these coming games as they are neither in danger of dropping out of the top-flight or within a shout of European football.
So, the stage is set at the Stadio Olimpico but can the Giallorossi make it back-to-back wins? Or will Giuseppe Iachini’s side pull off an upset?
Where to watch Roma vs Fiorentina on TV:
- UK: FreeSports
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Roma vs Fiorentina:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Roma vs Fiorentina live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (25/07/20, 19:00)
Roma & Fiorentina’s previous line-ups:
- Roma (vs SPAL): Lopez; Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Peres, Christante, Diawara, Spinazzola; Perez, Pellegrini, Kalinic.
- Fiorentina (vs Inter Milan): Terracciano; Milenkovic, Pezzella, Caceres; Venuti, Duncan, Badelj, Castrovilli*, Dalbert; Cutrone, Ribery.
Nicolo Zaniolo has had an injury-hit season but came off the bench to play a part in the 6-1 thriller against SPAL and could be afforded a start here. Edin Dzeko was also given a rest and is expected to be restored to the starting XI. For the Viola they will be without Gaetano Castrovilli, who picked up a suspension in the Inter draw.
Players to watch:
- Roma: It has been a difficult year for Nicolo Zaniolo, but when he has taken to the pitch he’s impressed immensely. In fact, his showings in Serie A have led to reports of a move to one of Europe’s elite, with Liverpool and Tottenham said to be monitoring his situation. But, for the time being he is a Roma player and he could come back to haunt his former side Fiorentina — whom he represented at youth level — this weekend. With six Serie A goals to his name this term, including one in the 6-1 win over SPAL, which was the first time since 1935 that Roma have scored six times in an away Serie A fixture, the Italy international is a menacing threat and will be relishing a start against his old employers.
- Fiorentina: From one player who is just starting out his career to one at the tail end of his. Franck Ribery is a man at the wrong end of 30 but someone who possesses such skill and finesse that he plays like a footballer 10 years his junior. A shock move to Fiorentina last summer has yielded six direct contributions this season (three goals, three assists) and the former Bayern Munich winger will be hoping to add to his tally before the curtain comes down on the season. The Viola are unbeaten in six so clearly not resting on their laurels and Fonseca will be wise to note this and come up with a plan to keep Ribery contained.
Scoreline prediction: Roma 2-1 Fiorentina
Serie A 2019/20 recent form:
- Roma: WDWWW
- Fiorentina: DWWDD